New lab pup

MOO

Heres a pic of my new lab pup bitch Star she is 10 weeks and I am looking forward to training this one as ive not trained a gun dog for a few years ...hopefully she will be bang on for the start of next season .

A very differant temprament to what I am used too gently does it I think but she is bold as brass and running around the yard with the terriers and lurchers will do her confidance a power of good

post-23537-125993288917_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The lad that bred her is a lad I keepered with a long time ago he wanted £450 but I told him I dont pay for dogs or sell dogs ...and once I explained why I think that dogs and money dont mix and if y

moo your principles are a lot of shite. you must have a brass neck going up to someone and wanting a pup for nothing then telling him you dont want to see the pedigree either. any decent man would hav

Posted Images

The lad that bred her is a lad I keepered with a long time ago he wanted £450 but I told him I dont pay for dogs or sell dogs ...and once I explained why I think that dogs and money dont mix and if you are breeding dogs purely for the working/physical abilitys rather than for finacial gain then it can only benifit the type or breed of dog .

When he offered me the pedigree I refused as it doesnt interest me what field trial champions are in it but I do know of similar bred labs in my area that are good at there job .....and if this bitch does justify breeding from a good few years down the line the pups wil be given away ....imo the problem with the gun dog world is ££££££££££££

Edited by MOO
  • Like 1

Very nice Moo she looks a cracker but i know how you feel about the gundog world but tell your mate to keep the pedigree & if you breed register them & give them to select mates. Its all about traceablety within the breed as they are starting to suffer from genetic probs & through select breeding & testing we can keep the breeds going. I hate to see good pedigree dogs go unregisterd due to peoples personal opinions & its a good dog/line wasted keep the pedigree in the breeders hands till you need them it would be a waste. I wouldent look to be doing out with her next year till jan 2011.

• 3 months later...

An update on Star ...the sit, stay ,retrieve both on land and water is good and have got her used to the lead ...she has heard the gun and no probs .....she has all summer with the sun on her back to grow up a bit ...then get a bit more serious training into her ....

post-23537-126867787663_thumb.jpg