BSA .308

• 1 month later...

Hi Marl

BSA's have a long history - although have not been made (centre fire rifles) since 1986 when they were sold and now concentrate on air rifles.

That should not put you off. The CF2 was the last of the line (introduced in 1972) and was available in almost every calibre you can think of. The action also had the same profile as the Remy 700 so all the scope add-ons fit.

The quality of the actions and woodwork, although plain and simple, is very good. The barrels are some of the best ever made. Accurate and hardwearing.

The older models have actions (with the exception of the Monarch perhaps) which are of a slightly better 'quality'.

If you can find one which has led a sheltered life or in reasonable condition, you won't go far wrong.

My current crop include

BSA CF2 Heavy barrel .222

BSA CF2 Heavy Barrel .22/250 - ASE jet-Z CQB

BSA CF2 .243 Win - ASE Utra

BSA CF2 .243 Ack Imp

BSA CF2 7x64mm

BSA CF2 7x64mm Stutzen

BSA CF2 .270 Win - ASE Utra

BSA CF2 .308 Win Stutzen

BSA CF2 .30-06 - ASE Utra

BSA CF2 .300 Win Mag

BSA CF2 9.3x62mm - ASE Utra

Regards

JonP

Hi JonP,

Thats quite a collection, do you use them all? :thumbs:

My friend loves his .308, he took a doe with it the other week, at 226 strides whatever that works out at, it looks quite a nice gun.

I had an old BSA .22semi. a long long time a go, got it for £25, and I must say I thought it was better than the Ruger 10/22 that I had later.

Regards,

Marl.

I had an old BSA .22semi. a long long time a go, got it for £25, and I must say I thought it was better than the Ruger 10/22 that I had later.

Was that the Ralock, that caught the fired cases underneath?

Edited by rjimmer