End of an Era

20 years I've been in the coursing game. Starting from Bedlington/Whippets,Whippet/Greyhound, Bull/Greyound but my first love was always my Collie/Greyhounds.

Due to ill health I have just sold my lasy lurcher one of my best Collie/Greyounds to a guy off of here. If he wishes to say who he is that is up to him,it's not down to me. Great guy. Wish him all the best. I am sure he will look after her and I am sure she will not let him down.

I'll still be viewing the forum but no longer hunting with dogs. Going back to my hawks.

Wishing everbody a happy hunting season.

Nightshadow

20 years I've been in the coursing game. Starting from Bedlington/Whippets,Whippet/Greyhound, Bull/Greyound but my first love was always my Collie/Greyhounds.

Due to ill health I have just sold my lasy lurcher one of my best Collie/Greyounds to a guy off of here. If he wishes to say who he is that is up to him,it's not down to me. Great guy. Wish him all the best. I am sure he will look after her and I am sure she will not let him down.

I'll still be viewing the forum but no longer hunting with dogs. Going back to my hawks.

Nightshadow

I would have thought Hawks need as much looking after and working as a Lurcher ?

Cheers.

Nightshadow

I would have thought Hawks need as much looking after and working as a Lurcher ?

Cheers.

your right, but when I was coursing i could be out all night and walking 15-20 miles. Plus doing a runner from game keepers!With my Hawk I've got more permission. Don't you worry my Hawks are looked after Just like all my animals.

All the best mate,sad news to see one of us fall by the wayside,i'm sure you've not made any decisions without great thought? All the best fella,good to see your still pursuing the country way of life.All the best PP.

Nightshadow

Cheers.

your right, but when I was coursing i could be out all night and walking 15-20 miles. Plus doing a runner from game keepers!With my Hawk I've got more permission. Don't you worry my Hawks are looked after Just like all my animals.

You are not the only lurcher man that i have heard this about as permission with hawks seems a lot easier to get than with lurchers i feel the same about throwing the towel in and sticking to pike fishing as every year it gets hotter in the game as i get older and i have seen changes in the last 35 years and not for the better.atb dell

Give it a rest you lot :notworthy: thanks for all your comments. The worst part was going out to the kennells this morning not seeing the bitch there. Really strange feeling I know deep down it was the best thing to do for the dog not me,she had to come first. One other thing since being on here,I have made some really good friends. Thanks to you all,sorry to have to inform you I am not leaving the forum :clapper: ,or hunting it is just my little legs won't let me walk as far as I use to ATB

Edited by NIGHTSHADOW