Gamekeeping assistant ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left school at 16 worked on a gamefarm and shoot for 3 years then went to sparsholt. I'm now an underkeeper in sw scotland. If you can get a summer job on a gamefarm then go to college the more on you cv the better. I dont now why i got the job but 300 people were in for it!

A

Edited by kbtfowler

Hi all, i am leaving school in June 2010 , and i'm looking to be a keeper /under keeper. Is there anyone who wants an assistant or knows anyone that might be interested?

might be a bit of help through rearing season?

thank you.

hi buddy its a hard game to get into but once your there your there. alot of school leavers are now going to college, however there is a chance that some estates do take on trainees but you need to keep an eye out in the shooting press. my advise to you would to get in contact with national gamekeepers organisation and join there jobs register, this means they will put your information on there database then when an estate gets in contact with them they will forward your cv and contact details to them. during the mean time if you have a shoot near to you that you can offer help so that you can get experience that would be a good stepping stone.

I left school at 16 worked on a gamefarm and shoot for 3 years then went to sparsholt. I'm now an underkeeper in sw scotland. If you can get a summer job on a gamefarm then go to college the more on you cv the better. I dont now why i got the job but 300 people were in for it!

A

where is sw scotland mate on raehills