shooting sticks

I wanted something that would fit in the car easily and so i bought a X3M1 pair of the telescoping jobbies. I bought mine in the Litt's sale and they cost me £10.00.

Hazel and garden canes are fine if you have a pick-up etc, if you want something to fit in the boot of your car, like me you will have to try something else. I haven't frightened any deer with them :D shot a few off them mind 8) They are light too, if you need to walk a long way and weight is an issue.

ft

i bought a pair off the quad sticks from a shooting magazine. great if you have a lot off cover and a bipod is to small.steady as a rock only bad thing is the price at £70 but you could easily make them yourself when you see them, cannot rate them highly enough

Lads you want to get on the quad sticks.

They are a 4 legged stick, that open out and then you rest your rifle between the two forked secions. one at the front, the other at the butt.

Holds your rifle TRUE and steady, no lateral motion.

Dropped my first Doe on them. No wobble at all...

I'm with Dan and Langouroux - plastic coated garden poles. Mine are fixed together with lengths of velcro - don't make noise, are v light and dirt cheap.

Richard at Stalkers UK has some very good telescopic tripods - I've shot from one very successfully, but they are heavier and more expensive.