pet ferrets or proper working ferrets

whin

first angora ferrets i saw were in amgazine in america a f*****g sham , and when i went to apet store the silly owners couldnt believe i worked them on rabbits and rats , they thought pets and labrotary animals full stop ,shows you what can happen if they fet into pet industry and animal lad industry ps the angora ferrets in the usa were 200 and 400 dollars

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy this thing about ferrets loosing their working ability. :no; I'll agree that some ferrets work better than others, but they are totally different to dogs. You don't breed ferrets for form, ie, long legs for speed, a powerful jaw, deep chest, etc.

Also look at cats, 'Tibby' next door might posses as much hunting ability as the cats down at your local farm, despite not being bred for work.

Feral ferrets do pretty well once they become established, how many of them are ex workers that people have dumped for being shit workers? They wouldn't survive long enough to breed if they couldn't hunt.

Saying that, I would always breed worker to worker, but I don't think that we are in any danger of loosing our ferrets working ability because of pet ferrets.

I'm more concerned about breeding for exotic colours and these 'angora' ferrets due to the associated health risks, but even then it will not affect my stock and it's working ability. :thumbs:

PS Swampy: Keep quiet about that, FFS! :clapper::laugh:

Sorry mate!. Hope it doesn't affect the court case.

Keep to your story, remember they can't call on a sheep as a witness!

Combing wool at night is not a crime!

Rgds

Swampy

Ninging in your defence

first angora ferrets i saw were in amgazine in america a f*****g sham , and when i went to apet store the silly owners couldnt believe i worked them on rabbits and rats , they thought pets and labrotary animals full stop ,shows you what can happen if they fet into pet industry and animal lad industry ps the angora ferrets in the usa were 200 and 400 dollars

There was someone on here flogging them for £200 a pop Whin. :yes: £200 for an animal that can't suckle it's own young because it can't produce enough milk, and can't be kept outside because it lacks the insulating layer of fur like a proper ferret...

200 pound for a ferret thats strong money for a non working animal , ye i no some prickly subjects that well makes the uneducated think or the novices wink lol , WHINS SCHOOL OF HUNTING , BRING YOUR RUNNING SHOES AS YOULL MAYBE NEED THEM LOL ,

200 pound for a ferret thats strong money for a non working animal , ye i no some prickly subjects that well makes the uneducated think or the novices wink lol , WHINS SCHOOL OF HUNTING , BRING YOUR RUNNING SHOES AS YOULL MAYBE NEED THEM LOL ,

Yep.

No doubt we'll get you profound wisdom re ferret genetics sometime..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Who cares, so long as they are enjoying them selves and not bothering anyone else, some folk put more effort in than others, and what about those that are passionate about there hunting but have to work all week and are only able to get out at weekends ;)

Hail Hail stealthy type fella :) all work work work here, autumn and winter are my busiest time of the year, gotta get out when I can.

Who cares, so long as they are enjoying them selves and not bothering anyone else, some folk put more effort in than others, and what about those that are passionate about there hunting but have to work all week and are only able to get out at weekends ;)

Hail Hail stealthy type fella :) all work work work here, autumn and winter are my busiest time of the year, gotta get out when I can.

:laugh: C'mon Walace n Gromet, I'm sure you can fit Col's wheel chair in the back of your team vehicle if you try, how is he?

i must have had a real odd pet ferret at one time because he kiled the kids rabbit , he hadnt been worked so i dont really understand how he knew how to kill it :whistling:

:whistling::hmm: I cant ever see ferrets on display in a pets corner with the guinea pigs and rabbits can you :laugh: atb dell

Funnily enough i bought one of my best workers,a black eyed white from just such a place!

Kay-like your quote-small mind,big head! wish i thought of it!

i must have had a real odd pet ferret at one time because he kiled the kids rabbit , he hadnt been worked so i dont really understand how he knew how to kill it :whistling:

:whistling::hmm: I cant ever see ferrets on display in a pets corner with the guinea pigs and rabbits can you :laugh: atb dell

Funnily enough i bought one of my best workers,a black eyed white from just such a place!

Kay-like your quote-small mind,big head! wish i thought of it!

I meant running about with the other pets :thumbs: Theirs a lad up this way used to breed alot of good ferrets cracking workers the silvers used to go to such places to be sold.atb dell

hello whin

under my aviater it says born hunter but i have been hunting for 22 years, shooting,(20 bore) ferreting,hunting with dogs,

stalking in scotland,& fishing.

it says born hunter because i dont post many replys i just like to read what other people say and learn abit more.

but i do walk the walk & i can talk the talk ( not having a go at you )but sometime it good to just listen.

keep hunting

cjw

how do i change the way my profile is seen like donator and a pic and that been looking but cant do it any help

only way is to keep the working lines what ive done is farm them out to mates and people i trust, so i can get aline back and find whats producing the [bANNED TEXT] stuff and get the odd new ones in and put away the non workers

my ferrets all work well and in the week in the house with the dogs i find its good for them they are playing in the house i get the box out and in they jump will try and post vid on here when they are out to show you all