irish wolfhounds

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jade now 18mth 29" to shoulder, couple bunnies under her belt, next season will tell the tale..

? Jade no 13 weeks, nice temperament and looks well (if I say so myself), jury still out for long time to see how useful she will be.

The black dog is him.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Lol, anyway, sling a couple of pics of your pup up, charts ?

I'll  try and get some new ones.

She was 11 months a couple of days ago. She's settled down at 28" and around 65 lb.

She's getting a bit shape about her now, puppy fat coming off and putting muscle on. All being well, she should be ready for September ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I'm talking about the theoretical  sire having "speed to spare" ?

Ive ran hares for well over 50 years, with various crosses and pures, on various continents, but I appreciate and welcome your advice and input ??

Cheers.

? i enjoy your posts chart been there done it all over the shop 

i just get the feeling you haven’t seen a class saluki x because they don’t get dragged about mate ? ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

You were on to a loser since the beginning, charts.

As I've said several times on here, there are some so blind that they WON'T see.

? ?

id love someone to pop open me eyes shaark your never to old to learn mate

45 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Up to you if you still want to persevere with his 'education' charts.  BUT, I really do think it will be fruitless.  ?

He's been convinced, or someone else has put into his head, that saluki/coursing breds are the only dogs that can catch hares.

And, as a few people on here have said, myself included, if you want a dog that will catch a hare after being dragged around several acres, for 4, 5 or 6 minutes, before it makes a catch, SHAME, that hare has been outstaminered, and nothing else.  May as well get a couple of beagles or harriers.

Lol

i’ve been convinced from been at them none stop shaark ? 

no other breed will stop them single everytime you go out throughout a season that’s the truth mate 

Just now, mC HULL said:

i’ve been convinced from been at them none stop shaark ? 

no other breed will stop them single everytime you go out throughout a season that’s the truth mate 

Nothing will stop them everytime u scarecrow ?

10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? i enjoy your posts chart been there done it all over the shop 

i just get the feeling you haven’t seen a class saluki x because they don’t get dragged about mate ? ?

I didn't mention Saluki x.

I meant my daytime coursing has evolved because of the draconian laws and my advanced years, that I now like to be on and off the land sharpish.

Any type or breed can be dragged around by a good hare, but it's you mentioning Saluki crosses, I haven't, as far as I'm aware, mentions the word "Saluki" on this thread.

Youre sounding a bit paranoid, thinking I meant Salukis when I talk about dogs getting towed around.

Oh, and I've seen enough top class coursing dogs to know they are probably the best daytime hare dogs available, but I'm not breed blind, and if daytime hares were my only sport, it's what I would kennel, but I choose, at this time, to keep types that suit me, just as you choose to keep what suits you ?

Cheers.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'll  try and get some new ones.

She was 11 months a couple of days ago. She's settled down at 28" and around 65 lb.

She's getting a bit shape about her now, puppy fat coming off and putting muscle on. All being well, she should be ready for September ?

Cheers.

god size chart isn’t she ?

me pal took one i kept back for him yesterday gutted i like the bitch bonded ? 

9.5 month got on bambi a speck first thing it seen last week covered some ground he will have some fun with it come season 

looks like your doberman you put pics up of ? still abit a puppy fat 7ECC3C48-EDBA-4F68-AAD4-30DB7B5FA565.jpeg.f2e8c8b9641554c633b0bf1397dd9990.jpeg

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

god size chart isn’t she ?

me pal took one i kept back for him yesterday gutted i like the bitch bonded ? 

9.5 month got on bambi a speck first thing it seen last week covered some ground he will have some fun with it come season 

looks like your doberman you put pics up of ? still abit a puppy fat 7ECC3C48-EDBA-4F68-AAD4-30DB7B5FA565.jpeg.f2e8c8b9641554c633b0bf1397dd9990.jpeg

Is the Merle leg a sign of a bit of collie in there ? ?

Just joking ?

I do like the black & tans.

Of course colour makes no difference, but Mohammed said the only dog welcome in your tent is the Saluki, but not the Black and Tan, as they have the devil in them.

IMG_0512.JPG.35be74bc96ef948c0d23a99bcda84af5.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG.ccee6d1f1ae17477274f9c19be10ccd3.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Is the Merle leg a sign of a bit of collie in there ? ?

Just joking ?

I do like the black & tans.

Of course colour makes no difference, but Mohammed said the only dog welcome in your tent is the Saluki, but not the Black and Tan, as they have the devil in them.

IMG_0512.JPG.35be74bc96ef948c0d23a99bcda84af5.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG.ccee6d1f1ae17477274f9c19be10ccd3.JPG

Cheers.

? it’s got funny markings mate not seen it before 

and mohammad may be on to something there nearly every black and tan i been around have that nastiness to em good guards some even been man biters with people they don’t know 

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? it’s got funny markings mate not seen it before 

and mohammad may be on to something there nearly every black and tan i been around have that nastiness to em good guards some even been man biters with people they don’t know 

I like the ears