irish wolfhounds

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jade now 18mth 29" to shoulder, couple bunnies under her belt, next season will tell the tale..

? Jade no 13 weeks, nice temperament and looks well (if I say so myself), jury still out for long time to see how useful she will be.

The black dog is him.

Posted Images

On 15/06/2020 at 13:12, pollypocket said:

An old topic, but here goes..

Brother of mine has had 5 of these beasts over the years and as he and i both hunt we used them and to be honest 3 of them would make you think about using them in fact one bitch in particular had been very game as we do lot of terrier and fox work, literally one bite and it was over,,,and plenty of local folks witnessed them on lamp at rabbits and hares (preban of course).

but other 2 would hardly put tooth into a bunny (i've also had lurchers like this).

Reason I bring it up and looking at old threads is because friend of mine has bred a full wolfhound over a greyhound bitch and curiosity got the better of me and I picked smallest  finest bitch (still strong). 

could be wasting my time, but its my time and by some slight miracle she has any fire wheaten cross back over her....

Not an unheard cross for coyote hounds. Good luck with her!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been the lakes for weekend. Prob been asked about 10 times if my lurcher was a wolfhound. Then saw a woman tied to 2 this morning dragging her down the hill in Bowness towards the lake ? made lurcher look like a terrier.  

• Like 1