irish wolfhounds

4 minutes ago, pollypocket said:
10 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Been there before, happened once with lurchers in trailer and they travelled all season together never any bother and lost good hound at mark one day.

I think the bitch they had might of been just coming on,poor dog had no chance, it was a real nice natured hound.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jade now 18mth 29" to shoulder, couple bunnies under her belt, next season will tell the tale..

? Jade no 13 weeks, nice temperament and looks well (if I say so myself), jury still out for long time to see how useful she will be.

The black dog is him.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s the thing with cut copy a paste ain’t it sandy queer? you can use anything to further your own point, experience is better than cut an paste tho, surely you agree ?if you’d looked a bit further you’d have found better vids I’m sure but they wouldn’t have furthered your attempt to ridicule the guy, an after all the ridicule you get aswell ?thought you’d have been a bit more welcoming ?

I know the title says "Greyhound Wolfhound", but I'd guess they are "Coyote Hounds" with a mixture of breeds in them.

They didn't look that impressive at the job,  hard to tell on a video, but didn't look like any of them was keen to go for a throat hold, as Dan Edwards might describe as " pencil necked, ass bitin' curs " LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
Just now, W. Katchum said:

They could run tho, an if yo look through YouTube there is umpteen vids on there Wolfhound  crosses an most look like nice lurchers, not Saying they can graft, but let’s face it not all lurchers can graft either ? an like guy said it’s his time, so if he wants to try one then he’s luck to him, I can’t slate anybody’s choice of dog, I own a halfx ?

In not knocking anyone's choice of dogs. My post is just my own opinion, and a bit tongue in cheek .

Its almost impossible to find a decent working deerhound these days, never mind a working wolfhound, but best of luck to the guy if that's their choice.

I hope they keep us updated, it'll be interesting.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Saw a Scottish deerhound doing what it was breed for fishing a loch on a Scottish Island a tourist had one off the lead he ran round a huge boulder and out the other side came a red stag who had been lying up, was a joy to watch stag had to make for the water the big boy was flying over the heather, stag made it and swam across the loch an made its escape.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, bodach said:

Saw a Scottish deerhound doing what it was breed for fishing a loch on a Scottish Island a tourist had one off the lead he ran round a huge boulder and out the other side came a red stag who had been lying up, was a joy to watch stag had to make for the water the big boy was flying over the heather, stag made it and swam across the loch an made its escape.

Where I live it is hard to avoid Deer as one side has an abundance of Sika while other end has Red Deer, accidents have been known to happen.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I know the title says "Greyhound Wolfhound", but I'd guess they are "Coyote Hounds" with a mixture of breeds in them.

They didn't look that impressive at the job,  hard to tell on a video, but didn't look like any of them was keen to go for a throat hold, as Dan Edwards might describe as " pencil necked, ass bitin' curs " LOL !

Cheers.

Or my personal favourite quote of Dan's, 'pencil necked shit eaters'!! Had me laughing everytime he wrote that lol ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pollypocket said:

Jade 6 weeks...

Jade_6_weeks.PNG

Lovely looking pup that pp. And if, like you say, you used the smaller, nimbler type of hound, I don't think there's any reason that it shouldn't be pretty useful ?

• Like 1

In the uk putting wolfhound in to any running dog for work is pointless if offers nothing as we already have ingredients in Lurchers doing every uk quarry  sat there in front of us tested....

Edited by poxon
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Like knocking a wall down with a claw hammer  

11 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s the thing with cut copy a paste ain’t it sandy queer? you can use anything to further your own point, experience is better than cut an paste tho, surely you agree ?if you’d looked a bit further you’d have found better vids I’m sure but they wouldn’t have furthered your attempt to ridicule the guy, an after all the ridicule you get aswell ?thought you’d have been a bit more welcoming ?

i wasn't ridiculing anyone just putting up a link of a wolfhound running as part of a discussion, its what happens on forums, at least with grown ups lol.

3 hours ago, bodach said:

If it retrieved the Lochness monster it would impress me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

In the uk putting wolfhound in to any running dog for work is pointless if offers nothing as we already have ingredients in Lurchers doing every uk quarry  sat there in front of us tested....

Sure your lurcher wont take a fox... so yours is definitely lacking ingredients fella.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2