irish wolfhounds

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jade now 18mth 29" to shoulder, couple bunnies under her belt, next season will tell the tale..

? Jade no 13 weeks, nice temperament and looks well (if I say so myself), jury still out for long time to see how useful she will be.

The black dog is him.

Posted Images

You’d think it would make for a better topic if people asked the guy about his experiences with the breed, what his reasons are for choosing one etc, instead of just jumping straight on it and trying to rubbish his idea and new pup. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, sandymere said:

painful to watch.....no fire in that example of the breed at all....

Ones we had were reared up as lurchers and even our bad ones were better than that,,,,

If this was only evidence anyone had of wolfhound running then I understand the negative points of view.

shes here now anyway just wait and see,,,

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, pollypocket said:

painful to watch.....no fire in that example of the breed at all....

Ones we had were reared up as lurchers and even our bad ones were better than that,,,,

If this was only evidence anyone had of wolfhound running then I understand the negative points of view.

shes here now anyway just wait and see,,,

Wouldnt listen to any shit you hear on these forums, just take everything with a pinch of salt & enjoy your dogs, the self proclaimed experts often aren’t what they seem 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 08/11/2009 at 22:24, nathgoon said:

hi, i might be clouching at straws here but , does anyone work or have worked irish wolfhounds . i know similer breeds like the deerhound are quite populer but ive never heard of a wolf hound beeing worked for coursing etc . preban or otherwise. thanks.

nathgoon

As said they are popular over here as crosses into pig dog lines and even in purebred form sometimes,I think mainly because of there size and have some interest in game being sighthounds.I can't see them being much use in hunting fast game,they are just too big and heavy.I doubt the original dogs were that big or thickset.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Shadow100 said:

Wouldnt listen to any shit you hear on these forums, just take everything with a pinch of salt & enjoy your dogs, the self proclaimed experts often aren’t what they seem 

long enough in the tooth to realise that,,,but thanks.

although was hard to watch lol..

We have taken lot of game with ones we had and when reared as hunting dog makes a difference in comparison to the video which seem like pets that have been given run off lead.

• Like 2

I remember going pig hunting as a young bloke and the other guys had their mastiff crosses and a pure wolfhound in a trailer behind the ute.We heard some thumping and when we pulled up one of the dogs had killed the wolfhound,bloody horrifying.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I remember going pig hunting as a young bloke and the other guys had their mastiff crosses and a pure wolfhound in a trailer behind the ute.We heard some thumping and when we pulled up one of the dogs had killed the wolfhound,bloody horrifying.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Been there before, happened once with lurchers in trailer and they travelled all season together never any bother and lost good hound at mark one day...

• Like 2