MALAMUTEXGREY PUPS

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive heard about this cross but never seen one before,looks good, but isnt there a danger of overheating ,even once youve crossed them? because im sure that sled dogs dont like the temperature more than minus 10 degrees and will work upto minus 40.im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.yis :drink:

Yes i think youre correct mate they were breed to work in extreeme cold temps they are warm blooded and cannot regulate there boddy temps in warm weather, warm to them is more like are winter i surpose, so you do have a very good point, another reason to put them back to a straight greyhound imo to finish the type. i like then they look very game to me, but just a atad too heavy, but i guess that depends what youre running them on and where to a certin extent. I carnt imagine that they have done a great deal at that age to be honest, mean heavy stuff as they wouldnt be physical capeable of comming to terms with certain quarry at the 6 7 8 month mark and its just turned winter, would imagine they boilup in summer !

ive heard about this cross but never seen one before,looks good, but isnt there a danger of overheating ,even once youve crossed them? because im sure that sled dogs dont like the temperature more than minus 10 degrees and will work upto minus 40.im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.yis :drink:

i have answerd this in another thread ,i dont know if the x makes them different or they just climertise ,because of being born her ,or that we only run them hard at night ,your guess is as good as mine ,but they most defenetly dont get any trouble from over heating ,that also goes for the mother ,she lamps as well .

OK.Have read right through this topic,and am i sick,that my nephew has just gave away,(for nothing)his 15 month old Malamute bitch.These are great looking dogs.I have wondered for quite a while.What the x would look like.Never mind work like.Ive no experience of this x.But i'll tell you one thing.If they have the guts of the Malamute.Then they will be hard as nails.Reason nephew had to part with his bitch.Was that she was giving cattle a hard time,and was gona get him in serious trouble.She pulled down a full grown bullock one day.When she broke her lead.She stands about 28 inches high,and weighs about 129lb,at the moment.Too heavy,i know.But she's a beast of a bitch.She has gone to a bloke,who races them on some sort of harnesed buggy,with wheels.He does all the local forrest tracks round here.She had no knowledge of what fear is,and could run all bloody day long.Without a break.Ive worked a husky x,and i can vouch for their gameness,and stamina.Wont say on here,what he was very keen on.But he was a very hard dog,who didnt know what defeat was.No where near the size and weight,of the malamute x,and only stood 25 TTS,and was about 60lb.

Yes i think youre correct mate they were breed to work in extreeme cold temps they are warm blooded and cannot regulate there boddy temps in warm weather, warm to them is more like are winter i surpose, so you do have a very good point, another reason to put them back to a straight greyhound imo to finish the type. i like then they look very game to me, but just a atad too heavy, but i guess that depends what youre running them on and where to a certin extent. I carnt imagine that they have done a great deal at that age to be honest, mean heavy stuff as they wouldnt be physical capeable of comming to terms with certain quarry at the 6 7 8 month mark and its just turned winter, would imagine they boilup in summer !

your wrong about the amout of work and tack they get ,i bet they have had more work than your average 2 year old already .your not to far away come down for a night out that is the only way to see the truth .you can argue that black is blue alnight long on a web site ,you will never know the truth untill you see it for your self . Edited by UNFIT

i have answerd this in another thread ,i dont know if the x makes them different or they just climertise ,because of being born her ,or that we only run them hard at night ,your guess is as good as mine ,but they most defenetly dont get any trouble from over heating ,that also goes for the mother ,she lamps as well .

OK.Have read right through this topic,and am i sick,that my nephew has just gave away,(for nothing)his 15 month old Malamute bitch.These are great looking dogs.I have wondered for quite a while.What the x would look like.Never mind work like.Ive no experience of this x.But i'll tell you one thing.If they have the guts of the Malamute.Then they will be hard as nails.Reason nephew had to part with his bitch.Was that she was giving cattle a hard time,and was gona get him in serious trouble.She pulled down a full grown bullock one day.When she broke her lead.She stands about 28 inches high,and weighs about 129lb,at the moment.Too heavy,i know.But she's a beast of a bitch.She has gone to a bloke,who races them on some sort of harnesed buggy,with wheels.He does all the local forrest tracks round here.She had no knowledge of what fear is,and could run all bloody day long.Without a break.Ive worked a husky x,and i can vouch for their gameness,and stamina.Wont say on here,what he was very keen on.But he was a very hard dog,who didnt know what defeat was.No where near the size and weight,of the malamute x,and only stood 25 TTS,and was about 60lb.

Ive owned a husky and at 7 months she was catching swallows that were flying low through the yard, people doubting the agility and brains of these types of dogs need to take a step back. The same bitch was also able to get half her body over a 6.5ft fence before pushing herself over the top. I'd really love to see these sort of crosses work.

your wrong about the amout of work and tack they get ,i bet they have had more work than your average 2 year old already .your not to far away come down for a night out that is the only way to see the truth .you can argue that black is blue alnight long on a web site ,you will never know the truth untill you see it for your self .

Ok that was not a dig mate like i say i like the look of them, they look keen as mustard to me, but i carnt help wondering have you been working them hard through summer ? as you must have been because were on just really into the winter season and you say they have had loads of work,, iam confussed ?

Unfit your game aint my thing but looking at them hounds id say they are made for large Quarry, before the Bull x came along what did folk use ? Probably stag hound crosses and to start with maybe bull x were ridiculed ? Why stick to just collie x or saluki x ect. But at the same time dont just breed for the sake of it from any breed. If the parents are good at what they were bred for and you think a union of the said dogs will do the job you want why not if you have good homes for them. Iv heard Lab x slated on here , Why ? imo they would be a useful mooching type if thats what your into and you like a labs traits but want that extra gear. Unfit those dogs of yours look very much like German Sheperd x's and apparently a guy in the 80's had great success taking bigger quarry with those. You sound like you get out and graft them so fairplay.

they do get a lot of work ,i dont own one like i said ,it was a big mistake on my part ,but i am out with them most nights ,the person that bred them had a german shep x that took double figures of fallow regular in a night pre ban ,but he wanted to see if he could improve on the shepx so this was the next best thing ,and improve he has ,

seen the pics and they look a bit heavy for me throw a greyhound over a bitch pup in 2 years time and then u will prop change ppls minds but every 1 till there own x. but just like 2 say this every 1 goes on about hancock and how he breeds two non workers and sells them for so many £££££££££ unfit you where 1 off them but u have just did the same???

I reckon they look superb athletic dogs: and look at the feet on them! Tough as old boots I'd say. I just wondered how trainable they are? Or is it just a matter of point and slip? Would they work with ferrets and though I know you said you only lamp them, would you say that they had the potential to use their noses to make good all round mooching/bushing dogs? Just wondering.

finally

http://this is the best of the bunch ,and this dog went missing out of the garden a few weeks ago and he was picked up and reported ,you have to have a fence about 12 foot or more high to keep them in ,he also jumped a 5 bar gate with a fully grown fox in his jaws .

Edited by UNFIT

your wrong about the amout of work and tack they get ,i bet they have had more work than your average 2 year old already .your not to far away come down for a night out that is the only way to see the truth .you can argue that black is blue alnight long on a web site ,you will never know the truth untill you see it for your self .

Ok that was not a dig mate like i say i like the look of them, they look keen as mustard to me, but i carnt help wondering have you been working them hard through summer ? as you must have been because were on just really into the winter season and you say they have had loads of work,, iam confussed ?

yes they have had it tough from the day they could walk ,like i keep saying it is what we have done for over 20 years with young pups ,they tun out better dogs .i know its not most peoples way but its ours .and it has worked ,if it did not we would not stiil be doing it now .