Sick gill

EveNing All.

I would just like to say that this particular forum has always been abit more positve than some of the others on THL.

Thanks everyone who offered advice and help etc.

Even the harsher ones held a certain amount of truth in their substance.

Anyway.......she made it thru last night! She has stopped shaking and her breathing is more stable/less eratic.

thanks to my 12yo daughter she has been mollycoddled all day. She has managed to get some sugary water down her and she is eating a little small chopped cooked chicken. She is definately more alert but still very weak in her hind quarters. very wobbly on her feet but definately a bit better.

For those who have advocated the vet, I am taking an early from work tomorrow just to have her checked out. I am acutely aware that at 8 she may well be looking at the pearly rabbit hole in the sky.....It still brings a lump to my throat all the same. She has given us three bruisers of hobs who whilst not being as good as her at hunting still give us food for the table. So something of her will live on. Yeah go on take the p out of this sentamentalist but she was/is the best fert I've ever had. Comes when you call and I've never had to dig for her. I will continue to keep her best interest at heart to the point that I may have to retire her and give her pet status.

Out of interest....my lad bought her along with her brother who we castrated. They lived together right up till he died a few weeks back. No signs just curled up in his box dead one morn'

Could she be pining? Just a thought.

She has been living in a new court since to ensure that if it was a diesease she wouldn't get it. her brother showed no signs of deterioration.

Am I getting soft???

Thanks again everyone. I'll post a pic tomorrow

Best regards all

Swampy

A tentative ning

Hi mate .Hope the vet can sort it out.atb Your pal Catcher :thumbs:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

swampy said =Am I getting soft???

no your not mate not at all

your just admitting to yourself how much you like your fuzzy

and folk like me are not allwoed to admit to having feeling about us fuzzys because its always been like that from when grandad said so many years ago

not soft just real

keep us posted mate it gives me food for thought

cheers kirky

Glad she pulled through Swamps,let's hope she's on the mend,yes we all get a lump in our throats,i took a hob to vet a few months back hadn't had him long myself,but he had a large tumour on top his head,to cut a long story short it was better to put him to sleep(i guess brain surgery is not advanced with ferts and too costly!)anyway i felt my eyes beginning to well up as i watched the lethal jab being delivered,the poor thing never complained and i was suprised at myself for feeling soft,must be an age thing or reflecting emotions thinking back,hope she gets well anyway.

Glad to hear she made it through the night, and I hope the recovery continues. Sorry for just shouting vet at you but I didn't know what else to say. If I were in your position I would probably post on here asking for advice aswell.

Atb Dan.

And update for you all.

Scarlett (yeah I know never name your ferts!) has continued to improve and was out of her bed at the sound tof the shed door opening. i had crushed her normal food down to make it easier for her to eat.

Tip here. Don't put sugar in the water botttle. The sugar that doesn't disolve sits in the pipe and stops the flow of water! she's now got a bowl. Anyway she has been eating the food and its looking a lot more promising. I also put an old sweat shirt in her bed for added warmth.

To the vets tonight.

Thanks again for all your support peeps. Some good advice all round and it'll all be banked for the future. Especially a recipe I received for soup. Thanks.

Some pics taken yesterday evening. My comp at home won't recognise my camera so couldn't post them last night.

Regards to all

Swampy

recoverning

post-29203-1257155830.jpg

post-29203-1257155845.jpg

Edited by Swampy

Is that you in the photo Swamps? If so you've got a fecking cheek calling us Welshmen inbred's, get a shave and a hair cut ya scruffy bugger! :laugh:

(PS, if it's not you I apologise for any offence! :D)

Glad she's on the mend. :thumbs:

Is that you in the photo Swamps? If so you've got a fecking cheek calling us Welshmen inbred's, get a shave and a hair cut ya scruffy bugger! :laugh:

(PS, if it's not you I apologise for any offence! :D)

Glad she's on the mend. :thumbs:

Of course it isn't. it a Welsh friend of ours who we have taken in as a rehab case...........Her name is Blodwyn.

Bless

Thanks Malt

Swampy

Hirsuitning

And update for you all.

Scarlett (yeah I know never name your ferts!) has continued to improve and was out of her bed at the sound tof the shed door opening. i had crushed her normal food down to make it easier for her to eat.

Tip here. Don't put sugar in the water botttle. The sugar that doesn't disolve sits in the pipe and stops the flow of water! she's now got a bowl. Anyway she has been eating the food and its looking a lot more promising. I also put an old sweat shirt in her bed for added warmth.

To the vets tonight.

Thanks again for all your support peeps. Some good advice all round and it'll all be banked for the future. Especially a recipe I received for soup. Thanks.

Some pics taken yesterday evening. My comp at home won't recognise my camera so couldn't post them last night.

Regards to all

Swampy

recoverning

hi swampy she's still a poorly ferret though now she needs to put abit of weight on good look :clapper::clapper: