Removing Tiddlers

Guest vimto.

I was Leaving it rather late for an afternoon stalk today what with answering to a child like private message off our Deker i foolishly made it a priority to answer him :thumbdown:

I wont go into details about the content but apparently he`s been looking for a Stag for the last 3 months :laugh: Just hope your not on peace work doing the pesting eh deker you supremo remover ,lmao :laugh:

Anyway i eventually got to my destination close to last light the Deer were already out feeding and one particular large Buck was standing head down feeding about 200 plus yards away.

With the ground dropping away and only having tree`s as a back stop he was left to wander into a small corpse :laugh: I mean coppice its Deker that does corpses,lol.

I stalked into him to almost 25 yards he was still unsighted to me but the hazel tree`s that were being thrashed were clearly visible. Anyway he winded me and fecked off rather sharpish.

I moved onto another spot close by and spotted the dark coloured Buck with two Does. The one Doe stood directly behind the Buck for near on five minutes i couldn't move and was fearing the loss of light might just about beat me and those 5 minutes felt like 25.

He eventually got broadsided at approximately 120 yards with the 6.5 and dropped instantly to shot..

006-2.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was Leaving it rather late for an afternoon stalk today what with answering to a child like private message off our Deker i foolishly made it a priority to answer him :thumbdown:

I wont go into details about the content but apparently he`s been looking for a Stag for the last 3 months :laugh: Just hope your not on peace work doing the pesting eh deker you supremo remover ,lmao :laugh:

Anyway i eventually got to my destination close to last light the Deer were already out feeding and one particular large Buck was standing head down feeding about 200 plus yards away.

With the ground dropping away and only having tree`s as a back stop he was left to wander into a small corpse :laugh: I mean coppice its Deker that does corpses,lol.

I stalked into him to almost 25 yards he was still unsighted to me but the hazel tree`s that were being thrashed were clearly visible. Anyway he winded me and fecked off rather sharpish.

I moved onto another spot close by and spotted the dark coloured Buck with two Does. The one Doe stood directly behind the Buck for near on five minutes i couldn't move and was fearing the loss of light might just about beat me and those 5 minutes felt like 25.

He eventually got broadsided at approximately 120 yards with the 6.5 and dropped instantly to shot..

006-2.jpg

You really do have issues!

If you have something constructive to say then fine but I struggle with this personal abuse, if that is the extent of your infantile contributions I think it better you go back to the playground!

Another feverish attempt to stir up trouble Deker? As far as infantile contributions go is this out burst of your`s because i shot a bigger Deer than you today :laugh:

If it is you have issues that you need to get over,lol..

Thers some less than a mile from my house but that dosnt mean i have access to them mate .Again Vimmer a good buck on last light .Do you bother much with the does at all ?What weight would that go ,just under the 100 pound mark id say as a guess .

That's a nice Deer, and taken with a favourite calibre of mine too. Well done.

It's a real shame about the context of the write up though. I've been reading a few posts regarding Deer and rifles and there is some reaaly disappointing squabbling going on here. Who cares if you shoot more Deer than Deker? Who cares if you don't agree on what calibres are best for what job? Who cares if he hasn't shot a Stag this year? Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I haven't been on here for some time but have recently returned. Have I missed something?

It's really spoiling some good topics on a great site. If you've got issues between you then by all means squabble via PM, but don't make it the opening paragraph of your story. It's pretty childish at best and I can't be the only one who would rather not read it. FFS GROW UP! :realmad:

If the context of the posting grinds on you a little njc i suggest you just look at the picture`s instead pal ;) A certain two individuals keep mentioning issue`s and i can clarify one certain issue right here now and that`s the "number`s" issue.. It mean`s feck all..

It`s the honesty and openness that surrounds it what counts ;)

Best caliber njc to put it simply they all work believe me :D

Caring about that Deker hasn't shot a stag this season or last season.. Not me.. What i do care about is divi`s recommending guns/calibre`s to shoot stuff when they don't practice it them selves.

That's called "PRETENDING" now if you want to listen to that then i certainly don't. Anyway like i said enjoy the picture`s..

Plenty of Does about drooper i managed just two off this ground last season there just simply very sharp and hard to get close to. That Buck was 92lbs and still steaming when it hit the game dealers floor and very dark looking :D

darki.jpg

What nic is stating is true, it's sad to see so much bickering without, any real debate, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Best caliber njc to put it simply they all work believe me.

Now this is a true sentence, they all do work, BUT it's about feeling confident about placing the round where it needs to be.

I don't see the need for gripping about who shot how many stags, when....?

We all have our own experiences, and we should be free to tell what they are without fear of recrimination.

ATB.

Snap.

I think it's very easy to give an opinion to an experienced shot and offend them. I haven't shot many Deer and sometimes find myself in this situation when I'm giving my view to people who shoot several Deer every week. I've come unstuck in the past when talking about things my friends have told me. I don't rate the .243 myself, not because I have experience of it not working for me, but because good honest blokes have told me it's not worked for them. Not forum people, but local stalkers who I know and trust. So when someone asks me how many Stags I've shot this season I can give the same answer, none. How many Stags have my friends shot? I don't know, but probably hundreds between them!

The only first hand things I can say is that Red Stags can run on a long way when shot perfectly in the heart with a 6.5x55. Roe Deer seem to fall down when hit by the same. Last of all I landed a perfect heart shot on a Canadian Whitetail Buck with my .375H&H Magnum and it ran at least 50 yards. That was with a 270 grain soft point which expanded well. I hate to think how much trauma that thing soaked up to run on, the blood trail looked like someone had put dynamite in a pot of red paint and set it off! We can get runners with everything.

If the context of the posting grinds on you a little njc i suggest you just look at the picture`s instead pal ;) A certain two individuals keep mentioning issue`s and i can clarify one certain issue right here now and that`s the "number`s" issue.. It mean`s feck all..

It`s the honesty and openness that surrounds it what counts ;)

Best caliber njc to put it simply they all work believe me :D

Caring about that Deker hasn't shot a stag this season or last season.. Not me.. What i do care about is divi`s recommending guns/calibre`s to shoot stuff when they don't practice it them selves.

That's called "PRETENDING" now if you want to listen to that then i certainly don't. Anyway like i said enjoy the picture`s..

Plenty of Does about drooper i managed just two off this ground last season there just simply very sharp and hard to get close to. That Buck was 92lbs and still steaming when it hit the game dealers floor and very dark looking :D

darki.jpg

You are way out of line, where do you get off on these LIES and invention, you have no knowledge of what I have shot this or any other season, or what with.

Just what is your problem, you really do have issues and seem to be doing your best to screw up THL. Kindly refrain from any further personal comments and LIES about me, and/or anyone else!

njc.

sorry to hear your mates had a poor view of the .243, i got my rifle a semi custom job this year and still kept the original cal. of .243 win

it's simply never let me down, and i have taken red stags, red hinds, no problems at all, also fallow both buck and does,

Always if i possibly can i always go for a neck shot, drops the animal instantly and makes for less meat loss, you are right any animal can run a great distance no matter what the calibre..

happy hunting mate.

Snap.