middletons jed

I remember Gary with a near (I thought it was pure black from distance) black dog in the late 80's or early 90's (I think?), the reason I remember it was it was such a nice stamp of a dog and it's colour, I made a joke about him turning away from his B+T's and to to why he had it and he said it was out of his stuff and actually B+T and when I looked closer it was!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Semus had a metal plate make to put over one of his russels snout to stop foxs punishing him gary said you dig to the sound of teeth hiting tin :clapper:

That was an error in frains book, seamus's hunting partner alan owned a cracker of a russell, who wore the mask but all the rest was true, that dog worked some foxes, probably the best marker i have seen

Semus had a metal plate make to put over one of his russels snout to stop foxs punishing him gary said you dig to the sound of teeth hiting tin :clapper:

That was an error in frains book, seamus's hunting partner alan owned a cracker of a russell, who wore the mask but all the rest was true, that dog worked some foxes, probably the best marker i have seen

seen the dog in gary yard with seamus at that time did not have a lakeland or a pat about him then ;)

do not believe everything you read in books ;)
I remember Gary with a near (I thought it was pure black from distance) black dog in the late 80's or early 90's (I think?), the reason I remember it was it was such a nice stamp of a dog and it's colour, I made a joke about him turning away from his B+T's and to to why he had it and he said it was out of his stuff and actually B+T and when I looked closer it was!
I know that Garys old Rex lined a few of Ken Gould's bitches but Gary would not have a dog or bitch with Bull in it. A lot of terrier lads did cross Gould/Middleton lines and bred some excellent working terriers but time and people change so Gary might of had black one about him but not when I knew him :icon_eek: Edited by The Breeder

gary had a near black terrier called jed which was used with the north lonsdale foxhounds to finish foxes and middleton deliberatley bred out the blue and tan colour cos he dident like it and he bred it out by using an unregistered welsh terrier which he called judy which he bought from a chap who lived in the seven sisters area

gary had a near black terrier called jed which was used with the north lonsdale foxhounds to finish foxes and middleton deliberatley bred out the blue and tan colour cos he dident like it and he bred it out by using an unregistered welsh terrier which he called judy which he bought from a chap who lived in the seven sisters area

Was a lot of Garys stuff in and around the Seven Sisters area back in the late 70's early 80's and later, nothing like the stuff about now, they were some of the best working terriers about at that time around here

one of gary mate a lad called gary Allott had a bitch called Tan she was out Gary patsy and J Cowen rock Tan was deep black/tan Gm put her to rock White foot dog and had some deep b/t pups so why he put welsh in them I do know stop going up then had a bitch from this line hard bitch
nice type looks like the old stuff you see in the pics of gary's dogs
does gary middleton still keep terriers .they look smart i never known any one who kept them.

reef still got a few about me got them back in the 70s so had the lines for a long time Raymond friend Ian had a few to thats how I got to know raymond do not think Gary got the old stuff now back in the 70/80 Gary stuff was the best in my opinion but that was a long time ago :(
I know that Garys old Rex lined a few of Ken Gould's bitches
when would this of been ???