Just to double check, you do know how to set them don't you? No fence snaring for foxes, as it's illegal. Do you have something appropriate to dispatch it with, Shotgun or Rifle.

my dads mate is gunna dispatch it with a rifle

No fence snaring for foxes, as it's illegal.

:big_boss: No it isn't :wallbash:

Unless you live North of the border

OTC

Huh? The keeper where i work said that you can get in a load of shit for fence snaring foxes, as if they are found hanging if they tangle the snare around the fence they will get strangled to death and if found by an anti you can get put in court and have a strong case against you. I'll re-check with the keeper but he sames to think that you can't.

OTC

Huh? The keeper where i work said that you can get in a load of shit for fence snaring foxes, as if they are found hanging if they tangle the snare around the fence they will get strangled to death and if found by an anti you can get put in court and have a strong case against you. I'll re-check with the keeper but he sames to think that you can't.

Whatever he 'seems to think' matters not in this case, law is law and there is no law in England or Wales that states that you cannot set snares on fences for foxes. Fact.

OTC

OTC

Whatever he 'seems to think' matters not in this case, law is law and there is no law in England or Wales that states that you cannot set snares on fences for foxes. Fact.

OTC

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/wild.../snares-cop.pdf

Read through that OTC.

We have all read before and it is Code of Practice not law, the only law is not to use locking snares setting them on fences is not illegal but could lead to a prosecution if taken to court and proven that code of practice was not followed and the fox suffered by being strangled or hung up.

Edited by 120-2

OTC

OTC

Read through that OTC.

Don't patronise me WBF - of course we have all read that GUIDANCE.

As I stated in my post above it is not LAW and therefore not ILLEGAL as you stated quite clearly that it was in yours.

OTC

OTC

OTC

Read through that OTC.

Don't patronise me WBF - of course we have all read that GUIDANCE.

As I stated in my post above it is not LAW and therefore not ILLEGAL as you stated quite clearly that it was in yours.

OTC

Okay, you have established that it is not against the law to fox snare on fences, but you could get in trouble if the fox is found hanging. So unless you can be sure that the fox has no way of hanging it's self, then it's best not to snare on a fence.