• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to repeat yourself at all mate, my question didn't involve "veggies". :D

Nice chatting to you also. :yes:

Sorry mate, didn't mean that how it sounded. I'm on smoochers as well and know Socks (sound guy), he's a veggie feeder iirc. When you said HIS dog looked good and you wanted to see mine, I thought you were after a veggie versus no veggies comparison. No biggie either way, sorry for any misunderstanding mate :drink:

Not a problem mate , my only comparrsion ( when i quoted socks as an example) was from a fella with such a wealth of knowledge regards the feeding of dogs (yourself). I just wanted a gander at yer own dogs ! thats all. Cheers :drink:

Anybody feed fish out there?

Sardines now and then. I read somewhere that to much is actually bad.?

Too much bad? Tell me more Mac.

I feed trout when I can get it, but not what I would call regular. Tuna in oil is a big favourite with them though.

Sardines are ok every few day's have also fed mackerel and herring due to the oily flesh but have since converted to other sources of oil that don't stink like a dirty fanny :laugh: ...........

As regards the veg I feed mine a mix of veg with there daily meal not a lot but just enough to give them the vitamins and mineral's to balance the diet ;) was an avid feeder of scraps and offcuts cos it was cheap and once easy to source but it's more difficult to get around my way now due to defra :( To be honest though the diet my dog's are on now is the finest I have ever fed I.M.O. and the condition of the dog's says it all but I believe you will never convert someone into feeding a good barf diet if they ain't open minded enough to listen and give it a go ,I did and after one month of this diet the difference was plain to see .The extra cost and work involved in preparing it all is most definately worth it I will never return to feeding the shite that is called complete :laugh: to illustrate I have preached about barf to a person I have known for years but he still thinks that the way forward is to by the cheapest bag food going but then he won't listen to reason or even give it a go for a month to see for himself .The point made about internal condition again is spot on my dog's teeth are clean and no bad breath (although they do fart abit due to the garlic) but I have looked at other dog's when judging a show and younger dog's had much more tartar build up and breath like horse shite................Ox hearts are a good flesh but I would still add some "extra's" to balance things out........ I know wolves ect eat mostly meat and bone but if you watch all the wildlife programmes they will go for the abdomen first and get the greens from the stomach so a little veg will do the trick to immitate this type of feeding ;)

new to this site and have found this topic really intersting :signthankspin:

i used to feed my black whip the best 'complete' crap around, and had nowt but problems with him... skurfy skin, dull coat,lethergic and he'd get colicky and end up with the squits if i didn't soak the biscuit into mush

now i feed him tripe, decent beef, lambs heart, i do put veg in his dinner a couple times a week as it seems to keep his digestive system running like clockwork, tried it without veg and he tended to go loose,

he also gets plenty of RMB's and raw ribs that wont splinter

ok he's a bit flabby in this pic :icon_redface: but the lads never been as healthy :good:

he is getting back to racing weight again now :D

Picturebec149.jpg

hi, been reading as much as i can about raw diet .just tried me borders and jrt on raw lamb mince mushed up raw veg and a weak gravy .took me dad a bit longer to do but they liked it better than the usual complete.wanted to give them chicken carcasers but me mams not to keen. jacko.

Something similar that springs to mind is a post on the smoochers board from another canine diet fanatic (Socks). Posted some great information on feeding methods and what to feed. Within his posting he posted pictures of his greyhound in what i can only say first class condition. It was obvious he knew what he was talking about, as he could support his methods with a picture of his dog(s).

Anybody got the link to the above . I would'nt mind having aread of the thread. :)

rozesky

Something similar that springs to mind is a post on the smoochers board from another canine diet fanatic (Socks). Posted some great information on feeding methods and what to feed. Within his posting he posted pictures of his greyhound in what i can only say first class condition. It was obvious he knew what he was talking about, as he could support his methods with a picture of his dog(s).

Anybody got the link to the above . I would'nt mind having aread of the thread. :)

rozesky

its a pinned topic on moochershunting mate. been feeding my pup on chicken mince and vegies a few weeks after i got her. shes looking even better now, much shineyer coat, smoother and loves the food. i allso give her a few cheap tins of fish a few times a week and chicken or rabbit on the bone when ever i get it. i allso mix in abit of tripe sometimes and a dash of olive oil and some pasta and bread. ahe seems to like it and looks good on it so im happy. is there any web sites that tell you about barf feeding and what all the benefits of feeding different meats and vegies are?

Stabs, I feed fish at least twice a week mate. Guts and all, the whole animal. Sardines, mackerel, trout, herring... It's a great source of Omega EFAs, and the dogs love it. The terrier pup spends the first hour licking the things :sick: then later devours them.