No need to get all aggressive Logic :laugh:

Just to let you see that i talk from experience unlike some? Here`s a picture of 3 stags i "removed" one morning and they were the last 3 Deer i ever shot using a 243

But to keep this thread on track realistically for "removing Deer" of all types indigenous or not ,lmao, then 7mm 308, 270 and 30.06 are some of the ideal choices.

trailerfull-1.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My argument isn't about experience, I simply want to know what your problem is. I just want to know why you think you have the right to be so abusive? I may not agree with you, I have the right to disagree.

In terms of experience - have I shot a red? Nope, wish I had, but I haven't. Have I said otherwise? No. Have I said anything to suggest that, with reds, I am speaking from experience? No.

In previous threads about roe deer, I certainly AM speaking from experience, so I say so, and that's why you may find me disagreeing - because I've been there and done it, and my experience doesn't agree with yours.

My argument isn't about experience, I simply want to know what your problem is. I just want to know why you think you have the right to be so abusive? I may not agree with you, I have the right to disagree.

In terms of experience - have I shot a red? Nope, wish I had, but I haven't. Have I said otherwise? No. Have I said anything to suggest that, with reds, I am speaking from experience? No.

In previous threads about roe deer, I certainly AM speaking from experience, so I say so, and that's why you may find me disagreeing - because I've been there and done it, and my experience doesn't agree with yours.

Look at your past posts on other topics Mr Logic , you will find it is mostly you that gets abusive . Why ?

You always trot out that YOU have the right to disagree, and you have but if you can't answer without getting nasty perhaps it would be better not to reply ? :whistling:

In terms of experience - have I shot a red? Nope, roe deer, I've been there and done it

There is a VAST difference between a roe and a 25 stone red deer. Little bit like a rabbit and a fox, if you would like it in clear terms average weight of a roe is what, 20 kg? Birth weight of a red is what 12 kg? Look at the deer above, bigger than a man and what three to four years old?

John

Edited by HUnter_zero

This .243/.308 (or any other calibre) has been argued for years and will not be resolved in this thread!

I'd say there are a few answers, and also a lot of pointless rubbish.

If anone is not happy using a .243 (or any other calibre for that matter) on any deer, then don't use it, simple as ...I am not and never have told anyone else to use that calibre...but kindly do not tell me it is not capable of putting down any Red Stag because you are not happy using it.

Now, you can argue as much as you like, I'm off to bed for a few hours!

:bye:

The best thing you can do Logic is concentrate on sorting your own gear out instead of complaining about other`s ;)

Now the guy`s here are asking questions and would like to hear some answers :D

Building up a nice little posse again Vim, they'll miss you when you get booted! :D (again!)

Building up a nice little posse again Vim, they'll miss you when you get booted! :D (again!)

That certainly would not be fair, Vim may tread on a few toes, but at least his views are based on experience and I bet he never regards deer as vermin as others do.

A forum should have lively debate - after all we are not robots with calibre/bullet choice. Personally I get fed up with forum questions like "What scope for my HMR?" - if this forum only included inane questions like that I would go back to watching the telly.

Look at your past posts on other topics Mr Logic , you will find it is mostly you that gets abusive . Why ?

You always trot out that YOU have the right to disagree, and you have but if you can't answer without getting nasty perhaps it would be better not to reply ? :whistling:

Actually, if you read my posts, you will find that actually I am stating my opinion, and that I never, ever say otherwise, except where the law is concerned when I deal in facts.

Where exactly have I ever got abusive? I think you will find I am on the receiving end.

Maltenby the booter as you put it has had a little word in his ear and it`s him that need`s to watch his step with regards his moderating actions ;)

But yea i`m all up for building a posse of "Real Deals" it will help repel the pretender`s :laugh:

Logic you have had no personal abuse and i suggest you wipe your snotty nose pull your trousers up and get on with it. Play with fire then you`ll get burned..

Deker has admitted in private that he shot No stags last season so that's the end of that matter and that's why he use`s a dedicated fox/Roe round and i can see no problem with that.

Now back to the 270 again to keep this thread on track. The last guy i seen using a 270 was using 130g heads which was kind of a mystery to me because with the large range of heavier projectiles available why choose a lighter one??

Sorry what exactly do you mean 'play with fire and you'll get burned'? It's this attitude of yours that you are so superior that is annoying me; I find it offensive and I would like you to refrain from it please. You keep telling me to shut up; my opinion is just as valid as yours.

I really don't get the issue on this thread, I said all along I'd use a .308 because it hits hard, it's accurate and the recoil is limited. My brother used to shoot a .270, he said it was a bit of a pain. So given all of that, .308 all the way.

guys why the petty fighting,

now we all know the shooter determines what he is confident with, be it .243 .308 30-06, .270, 7mm-08, if it works for you then all is well and good.

All we can do is give OUR opinions....

now iv'e seen deer shot with all the most popular calibre's and IF they are not hit right they run, suffer, with whatever size of bullet their hit with, it wont matter,

Now the .243 will take red stags no problem, but if you the shooter feel there is no room for error, that you may not place the bullet well, then get a bigger calibre simple, you have a little more room for error.

i'm happy shooting what i have, and the deer don't run the just fall down... :D

my freezer will testify to that....

i've stopped mainly posting on here due to the petty arguments, my C**K's bigger than your syndrone...

we're all here to shoot and share our experiences, end off....

Snap.

Maltenby the booter as you put it has had a little word in his ear and it`s him that need`s to watch his step with regards his moderating actions ;)

But yea i`m all up for building a posse of "Real Deals" it will help repel the pretender`s :laugh:

Logic you have had no personal abuse and i suggest you wipe your snotty nose pull your trousers up and get on with it. Play with fire then you`ll get burned..

Deker has admitted in private that he shot No stags last season so that's the end of that matter and that's why he use`s a dedicated fox/Roe round and i can see no problem with that.

Now back to the 270 again to keep this thread on track. The last guy i seen using a 270 was using 130g heads which was kind of a mystery to me because with the large range of heavier projectiles available why choose a lighter one??

Where do you get off with LIES and INVENTION like that!

You are ******* me off now!

You really do have issues!