Hare coursing on BBC

Tom

It is typical of people such as yourself who are perhaps involved in organizations such as BASC or CA to take a political squeaky clean line on subjects like this as they may affect YOUR "sport".

I for one shoot, but my priority lies with working my lurchers. With legislation as it is, unfortunately is this can be troublesome. However, with apologist hand wringers such as yourself on sites such as this, do nothing but make mine and doubtless other's blood boil.

I have lost count of the amount of times I've come across your sort whilst out with the dogs. Usually driving around filling their bird feeders with a gun on the passenger seat, they are only to quick to take the heavy handed approach when they have a gun to hand. When told they will be breaking the law if they shoot your dog they have no idea about the law. Part time country squires ! You see people like you should stick to shooting, which is essentially what you are, a shooter. You like GUNS.

Don't come on here moralizing. You do not occupy the moral high ground. You come across as a whiner.

As for worrying about the media, bollocks to them.

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one more attempt to get this post back on track........lets say I dont care whether you catch hares or rabbits.........

Do you think the claims of thuggery are fair.......?

Do you think the claims of poaching are fair.......?

Why is it a God given right to abuse others and poach their land?

Hands up...I am a boring person who does not hunt with lurchers:)

You're as bad as the media Tom, that's why I called you a dick in an earlier reply and I stand by that statement.

Do you think that the kind of hunting activity portrayed in that program, (I haven't even seen it but I can guess at the gist..) is how the majority of lurcher boys hunt?

I'd say that most of the dog lads on here don't agree with the sort of behaviour that gets carried out by the mindless idiots that threaten land owners and destroy property. These type of people give the rest of us a bad name because people like yourself start to believe everything they see and hear on media outlets like the BBC and read in the sensationalist press.

Yes some dog owners may stray onto land where they shouldn't, but I'd say most of them do so with the intention of remaining unseen, and respect the land as if they had permission to be there.

Just one more attempt to get this post back on track........lets say I dont care whether you catch hares or rabbits.........

You're as bad as the media Tom, that's why I called you a dick in an earlier reply and I stand by that statement.

Do you think that the kind of hunting activity portrayed in that program, (I haven't even seen it but I can guess at the gist..) is how the majority of lurcher boys hunt?

I'd say that most of the dog lads on here don't agree with the sort of behaviour that gets carried out by the mindless idiots that threaten land owners and destroy property. These type of people give the rest of us a bad name because people like yourself start to believe everything they see and hear on media outlets like the BBC and read in the sensationalist press.

Yes some dog owners may stray onto land where they shouldn't, but I'd say most of them do so with the intention of remaining unseen, and respect the land as if they had permission to be there.

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Thanks!

I have no idea.....? Genuinely.....I get lots of feedback from farmers I work with in Yorkshire that they have coursers on their land without permission. I dont know the other side of the story.

I am so ignorant of this subject I have no idea whether coursers have an association or not...if you do you should get onto the BBC to demand they make a counter statement about this generalisation of your behaviour if you think it warrants it. The story is on their news website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8311269.stm

Off course Joe bloggs believes it. There is no smoke without fire. But you cant seriously believe that it is the media's fault for the bad PR......yes they screwed up the story in other ways........... but what are the lads on here that you have described going to do about changing that public opinion?

One option is to ignore it...I am no good at this but I appreciate that it may be the best course of action.

Look....I am coming across as a bad guy...maybe I am...I certainly would stand up for coursing when in the law and for a means to control pests or to gather food......that fits with my philosophy....what I was getting at was why on earth have coursers got such a bad image both on the media.....and amongst many others in the countryside/farming community.

Is it just becase we are ignorant or is there a PR job to be done?

Again with my best intentions

T

what a joker you are you asking lurcher lads there view on poaching and disputes with landowners. what do you expect to hear?? dont get me wrong i am out beating 3 or more times a week, regularly go out shooting but lurchers and terriers are where my interests lie, probably about 80 percent of my dog work is poaching this does not mean that i show disrespect to the land gates are always shut and i am rarely seen. all the keepers and landowners in my area no what i do but choose to turn a blind eye now, many have tryed to catch me and failed. and for the ones that get some bottle down the pub after one to many pints and have looked for a confrontation, well they have received a slap. or the cowards who have phoned the police a should imagine that you will be one of them??? if there was some quarry in the next field off your permission woul you turn around and go home because i no i wouldnt

Fair enough jamie....the shoe fits then.......I am sure there is a difference between the romantic styled picture you paint of poaching and the stories reported to the police about threatening behaviour.......

Just for the record.....I only pull the trigger on land where I have permission to do so......

Guest Rod&dog
Fair enough jamie....the shoe fits then.......I am sure there is a difference between the romantic styled picture you paint of poaching and the stories reported to the police about threatening behaviour.......

Just for the record.....I only pull the trigger on land where I have permission to do so......

Oh arnt you a good boy.

Your trouble Tom Tit is that you've read to much nonsense in the Shooting Times and those pathetic snooty BASC magazines.

What the hell do you know about lurcher work ? NOTHING !

What is more, I'd bet you wouldn't have the balls for it anyway, might lose your gun licenses ! :(

Why don't you piss off to Pigeonwatch or some other gun fetishist forum ?

just thought that i would have my say on this subject, i watched the bbc new's report with intrest, what the farmer forgot to mention is that the vast majority of threatining behaviour is usually started by the farmer or land owner himself!! i'e' they come up screaming get off my land or else i'll shoot them effin dog's e.t.c., or quite commonly they'll drive up in a tractor and try to ram your vehcile!! i know because i've been there and seen it!! so what are we supposed to do ? just stand for it? i don't think so!! the odd farmer who come's up and say's come on lad's get your dog's and bugger off is in my experience never abused, or threatened so maybe the farmers ought to change their approach. infact while i'm thinking about a few years ago there was a incident up the fen where a group of farmers ambushed some lads including a 12 year old lad who ended up with a broken arm!! as for the poaching aspect i think it's blown up out of all proportion!! at the end of the day all their doing is walking across a few fields what real damage doe's that do? and as for the hunting act do they really think that after putting 30 years of my life into my dogs that i'm suddenly going to stop i don't think so.

just thought that i would have my say on this subject, i watched the bbc new's report with intrest, what the farmer forgot to mention is that the vast majority of threatining behaviour is usually started by the farmer or land owner himself!! i'e' they come up screaming get off my land or else i'll shoot them effin dog's e.t.c., or quite commonly they'll drive up in a tractor and try to ram your vehcile!! i know because i've been there and seen it!! so what are we supposed to do ? just stand for it? i don't think so!! the odd farmer who come's up and say's come on lad's get your dog's and bugger off is in my experience never abused, or threatened so maybe the farmers ought to change their approach. infact while i'm thinking about a few years ago there was a incident up the fen where a group of farmers ambushed some lads including a 12 year old lad who ended up with a broken arm!! as for the poaching aspect i think it's blown up out of all proportion!! at the end of the day all their doing is walking across a few fields what real damage doe's that do? and as for the hunting act do they really think that after putting 30 years of my life into my dogs that i'm suddenly going to stop i don't think so.

Well said :victory:

With regards to your references about 'poaching' most lads i know (me included) would leg it if they had strayed from there permission and had been spotted and im guessing many other lads on here would too.

Its the MINORITY of people that don't leg it but decide to have a go who give honest decent dog men a bad name.

Now i suggest you get your feet up and carry on watching panorama.

Paddy :thumbs:

Do you think that the kind of hunting activity portrayed in that program,is how the majority of lurcher boys hunt?

In my experience,

90 percent of the lurcher boy's that are caught on my land are either.

''ILLEGALLY'' hare coursing, Stealing,ripping the shit out feeder's (for no reason what so ever)

Or the one that really pisses me off, Sending 3 massive dog's (lurcher deerhound mongrel thing) on a Yearling buck in which the deer has no chance of survival atall- and certainly not sporting, it then get's caught and it quite literally ripped apart alive... once you stop the arsehole's in tracksuit's they say ''Yeah, Ehm were going to eat that you know.''

When clearly they have no skinning knife's and no intention's to gralloch the beast. ( not to mention the dog's had eaten half the carcass)

Sorry to get a rant like this, I know there is genuine people out there. But i have no respect for the arsehole's that poach my maintained land :thumbdown::censored:

Cheer's

ive been poaching for 30 yrs and aint had much grief of farmers but i think the farmer on the programme was refering to 4x4 poaching,showing tracks across his fields,and can you blame him,thats his livelihood and some idiot drives his scooby over it,ok if youve got permission to do so but if not then fecking walk :wallbash:

ive been poaching for 30 yrs and aint had much grief of farmers but i think the farmer on the programme was refering to 4x4 poaching,showing tracks across his fields,and can you blame him,thats his livelihood and some idiot drives his scooby over it,ok if youve got permission to do so but if not then fecking walk :wallbash:

Agreed