Hare coursing on BBC

Whether it is impartial or not...this is not the first time that hare coursers have been portrayed as people who eneter land they dont own, without permission to course game and then threaten any landowners who stand up against them.....

Is this the norm or are there some of you out there who think this is wrong.....

If so....tell the CA or some other organisation to get a response on there as it comes across very bad

I have no time for people who threaten others...it brings the whole hunting, shooting and fishing communities into disrepute.

T

PLEASE read all posts before replying...may help

Edited by tom1cameron

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it is impartial or not...this is not the first time that hare coursers have been portrayed as people who eneter land they dont own, without permission to course game and then threaten any landowners who stand up against them.....

Is this the norm or are there some of you out there who think this is wrong.....

If so....do you have an association that can respond to the comments on the BBC today?

I have no time for people who threaten others...it brings the whole hunting, shooting and fishing communities into disrepute.

If Hare coursing is deemed illegal.....dont do it........chase rabbits instead......

T

So wat happens [bANNED TEXT] an hare comes out of cover [bANNED TEXT] u are working your lurcher shout at your dog dont chase the hare?? And yes their is no need for threats of violence from all concernd.

If so....do you have an association that can respond to the comments on the BBC today?

If Hare coursing is deemed illegal.....dont do it........chase rabbits instead......

T

do you drive at 30 miles an hour ?

35 mph in a 30 mph zone is illegal dont do it !

[bANNED TEXT] a load off bo ll ocks .

i dont know if any 1 has noticed but most hunting with dogs is illegal wont be to long until chasing rabbits and killing long tails with dogs will be as well.

it just happens that some dont give a fcuk.

fcuk the ban and rebel :boxing:

atb jackard

T

What a good little citizen/sheep you are !

If the government decide owning a lurcher is illegal will you be a good little citizen and hand it over. I suppose you believe that everybody who goes to prison is a bad person and deserves it as well?

I bet you're all for identity cards and children's DNA being stolen and filed at birth as well ?

It is weak minded little sheeple like you that are eroding our freedoms and free speech more than anything.

You are PATHETIC !

T

What a good little citizen/sheep you are !

If the government decide owning a lurcher is illegal will you be a good little citizen and hand it over. I suppose you believe that everybody who goes to prison is a bad person and deserves it as well?

I bet you're all for identity cards and children's DNA being stolen and filed at birth as well ?

It is weak minded little sheeple like you that are eroding our freedoms and free speech more than anything.

You are PATHETIC !

Time will come when shooting is in the spotlight, dicks like the OP will be crying for support when it happens. I wonder what the outcome will be... :hmm:

Shame, because in reality we're all in it together.

Thanks for all the positive criticisms....I appreciate this is a difficult subject but please be assured I raised it to ask what coursers on here thought about the article on the BBC and in particular the very bad PR they accuse you of.....that coursers....1. chase hares, 2. enter land without permission all the time...3. Threaten landowners who try to tackle them.................I'll deal with the ban comments second.........

Leeview....you are right...It is poaching before or after the ban.....how can the dog working community complain of all the things that are said and done against them such as dog theft and discrimination when complaints from landowners are so rife!

My main fear is the bad PR that farmers and landowners feel for their physical safety at the hands of "coursers"...grouping people who work with dogs (myself included) as thugs. There are many innacuracies in the BBC article and I have sent in a series of correction suggestions...all that said.....

I have friends who have been threatened by both poachers but also by coursers as well.....this is not on...and I guess that is my main point....

This bad PR is as bad a PR for other country sports enthusiasts...we are all classed as "Hunters" by the media and joe public!

I am totally with you on the crap that has become the coursing/hunting ban.......but it has happened...so what do we do?

I never went hunting with dogs but I think the legislation is completely useless and therefore a waste of time and money.

So you know where I am coming from....my stance is relatively neutral.

I dont want to say on here.......that I lift my hat to those who rebel against what is a very ethical as supposed conservation based legislation.....but if I were to I would say please do it on land that you have permission for!

But it remains a point that while it is illegal (it could change?).......should it be so blatently flouted? The fox hunters think so according to Shooting TV.

If you send a dog on a rabbit but it finds a hare...that is one thing......that is not what the BBC were talking about but I expect it would be treated similarly to genuine accidents of non-quarry species being killed when shooting.

With the best intentions

T

T

PLEASE read my next post before replying...may help

GET A LIFE!

Time will come when shooting is in the spotlight, dicks like the OP will be crying for support when it happens. I wonder what the outcome will be... :hmm:

Shame, because in reality we're all in it together.

Shooting IS in the spotlight mate.....and we have to do our best to be seen as squeakly clean model citizens. This allows us the upper hand when dealing with the law makers!

I am with you on this Maltenby..... what I have posted is not anti coursing.....it is anti poaching and anti "getting caught" or blatently admiting that you break the law.

Because of the reality of us all being in this together...any bad PR that shooting brings or coursing or hunting or stalking or fishing brings ....it hits us all!

I probably wont post on this again....but it would be nice to hear what anyone constructively thinks about what the BBC has claimed against coursers as supposed to just saying you think I'm a tosser! Whether that be true or not :icon_redface:

a seemingly pointless post, illegal to course hares and youre solution is to chase rabbits instead :wallbash: are we just meant to stop what is a god given right just because a few wankers in parliament say so?? the ban is a good few years old and not one person i know has chosen the rabbit over the hare, enough said

Tom

It is typical of people such as yourself who are perhaps involved in organizations such as BASC or CA to take a political squeaky clean line on subjects like this as they may affect YOUR "sport".

I for one shoot, but my priority lies with working my lurchers. With legislation as it is, unfortunately is this can be troublesome. However, with apologist hand wringers such as yourself on sites such as this, do nothing but make mine and doubtless other's blood boil.

I have lost count of the amount of times I've come across your sort whilst out with the dogs. Usually driving around filling their bird feeders with a gun on the passenger seat, they are only to quick to take the heavy handed approach when they have a gun to hand. When told they will be breaking the law if they shoot your dog they have no idea about the law. Part time country squires ! You see people like you should stick to shooting, which is essentially what you are, a shooter. You like GUNS.

Don't come on here moralizing. You do not occupy the moral high ground. You come across as a whiner.

As for worrying about the media, bollocks to them.

Just one more attempt to get this post back on track........lets say I dont care whether you catch hares or rabbits.........

Do you think the claims of thuggery are fair.......?

Do you think the claims of poaching are fair.......?

Why is it a God given right to abuse others and poach their land?

Hands up...I am a boring person who does not hunt with lurchers:)