Does anyody use whippets or small lurchers for rats

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All my dogs are required to catch rats,... it's in their contract of employment...?

Me best ratting ferret Jill long gone now shifted plenty for the whipps n terriers       

This lile thing is among them 2or 3 times a week,  three quarter whippet one bedie  

Posted Images

On 22/10/2009 at 13:19, Malt said:

:yes: An old Bull & terrier, if you believe what's written here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_baiting

your on about billy the bull and terrier he was beaten by jacko an old ebt my nan has an original pic taken back then as my great grandad was involved with it all. if i wasnt hundreds of miles away id stick up a pic, will try to get it off her he was a nice old type ebt

• Like 2

On the farm where my club shoots, my Beddy Whippet mooches around the yard and buildings afterwards, while we drink tea and chat..............he usually comes back with a rat or two, over a couple of hours.

I put it down to his natural agility - he can twist and turn on a sixpence !

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

How big is that 

She is 17 inch, marks as well as any i have owned, loves cover but hates water,  i actually used on her on saterday when we were shooting, [walk round], flushed plenty of birds and retreived a couple, but she is no gundog.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, myersbg said:

She is 17 inch, marks as well as any i have owned, loves cover but hates water,  i actually used on her on saterday when we were shooting, [walk round], flushed plenty of birds and retreived a couple, but she is no gundog.

Is she fast enough for the rabbits 

I would of thought so