25 mins to set

Went out today with dog and 2 of this years kits and 1 old timer.

There was a good 100 holes in an old garden I had to do.It took 25 mins to set 100yds round 3 sides & 1x25yds on the other side 2x25yds ( all quick sets) dividing the bury into 3 sections all under some big trees.

The sun was out with a nice gentle breeze a beautiful day.The dog and ferrets worked well I sweated buckets.

1/2 An hour later I had 10 rabbits.

It took 1 and a 1/2 hours to lift the nets with all the leaves an crap in them But what a great day I can only hope for many more like it.

I have put the box next to the net is to show how high I have my nets,14ins.The box is 8ins (7ins in the ground) as some on here have asked how high should the poles be.If the net is low over the rises in the ground prop it up with a stick.If it rises over the low ground peg it down with a stick.I have yet to see a bunny jump the net.

Happy hunting all P1 :boogie:

post-13213-1255205641_thumb.jpg

So nice to see a long net set how it should be set.......mine are seldom set above 18inches high and often lower than that so the myth that you need 3-4 ft setting poles is nonsense. Like you i have been rabbting day and night for many many years using longnets and i have NEVER seen a rabbit jump one yet......good post.

Rolfe.

Nice pic mate. Like your dog! :)

Thanks mate just the phone and I'm sure a 7 year old could use it better.I must admit I do have a very soft spot for that dog,hard as nails as most beddies are but very gentle with the bunnies.

Thanks all P1 :)

nice one mate any chances of a few lessons with long nets got out today stood up by a mate so took the kids ,2 kids plus one 50 yard net equals a grown man crying ,manged a few even with the kids fighting on top of a burrow,thanks again for the ferrets they all doing well growing fast speak to you soon.post-5036-1255277263_thumb.jpg

nice one mate any chances of a few lessons with long nets got out today stood up by a mate so took the kids ,2 kids plus one 50 yard net equals a grown man crying ,manged a few even with the kids fighting on top of a burrow,thanks again for the ferrets they all doing well growing fast speak to you soon.post-5036-1255277263_thumb.jpg

How you doing mate.I'll give you net lessons if you give me pc lessons,how dose that grab ya.Ill evan throw in some poles I don't use. :icon_eek: