Coyote hunting pics

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cracking pic's

Has Cisco ever been involved in taken Fox or Coyote?

Regards

Mark

None of mine or Gregs dogs have taken a Coyote, although Gregs dogs have chased them a little. Never seen a fox to chase here in New Mexico. The two brothers of my dogs one of which is half Tazi have taken a coyote though. Cisco is a bit on the small side for yote at about 50lb's or so.

Wullie some dogs do take coyotes singlehanded and the best can make it look very easy. I have a friend that has a big stag that will catch yotes and throw them in the air for fun then retrieve them. Good dogs can do it but it is a good idea to have more than one dog as coyotes can use one of their number to draw a dog off then pack up on it and kill even very large dogs.

Close to towns yote prey on dogs and often arent afraid of dogs or people. I had four coyote try to ambush my lurcher two weeks ago. A single is no big deal for a handy dog but it's what else might be lurking out there that you have to consider. I am regularly stalked by coyotes looking to steal my falcons kill which is a real worry as the bird could get killed.

When i get more space to live i the next few years I will probably get a deerhoundxgrey to educate the yotes a little.

all the best Dirtwinger

saw a tazi cross my old freind dutch had a litter nice dogs ,but no were as good as his old cunninham line of jack dogs, i think a freind of his from siccorro has a few tazis looked like a strong saluk , cisco was the name of the horse on dances with wolves a good old movie , like the picture of dog roling on grass bird mantling over game a bit of team spirit

saw a tazi cross my old freind dutch had a litter nice dogs ,but no were as good as his old cunninham line of jack dogs, i think a freind of his from siccorro has a few tazis looked like a strong saluk , cisco was the name of the horse on dances with wolves a good old movie , like the picture of dog roling on grass bird mantling over game a bit of team spirit

[/quote

The black dog was bred by Dutch, I also have a bitch from the first litter of Tazi crosses bred by Steve Bodio in Magdelana. She is the dam of the litter I bred this spring, I have high hopes for the two pups I kept.

all the best Dirtwinger

Cracking pic's

Has Cisco ever been involved in taken Fox or Coyote?

Regards

Mark

None of mine or Gregs dogs have taken a Coyote, although Gregs dogs have chased them a little. Never seen a fox to chase here in New Mexico. The two brothers of my dogs one of which is half Tazi have taken a coyote though. Cisco is a bit on the small side for yote at about 50lb's or so.

Wullie some dogs do take coyotes singlehanded and the best can make it look very easy. I have a friend that has a big stag that will catch yotes and throw them in the air for fun then retrieve them. Good dogs can do it but it is a good idea to have more than one dog as coyotes can use one of their number to draw a dog off then pack up on it and kill even very large dogs.

Close to towns yote prey on dogs and often arent afraid of dogs or people. I had four coyote try to ambush my lurcher two weeks ago. A single is no big deal for a handy dog but it's what else might be lurking out there that you have to consider. I am regularly stalked by coyotes looking to steal my falcons kill which is a real worry as the bird could get killed.

When i get more space to live i the next few years I will probably get a deerhoundxgrey to educate the yotes a little.

all the best Dirtwinger

sound mate :thumbs: