Am I wrong to be upset?

Had a gutsfull now, Was told two weeks ago by my FEO that application was approved and that I should have it within 3 days, 3 days later no ticket so I called the dept and was told by a shirty lady with a real attitude that 'I would be lucky to have it by the end of the week!' That was last week, still no ticket so just called again and the same Lady said she had recieved my file from the FEO and it was on her pile and that I should have it by the end of NEXT week! I told her that she said that two weeks ago and that I was very dissapointed. Forgot to mention that I rang the FEO yesterday and he was shocked that I was still waiting.

Mad thing is that the FEO when he came for my interview told me now to have two Rimmies on my application just one as this would 'Speed up my application' I spent a good 45 minutes telling him why I needed both explaining how I knew the diffrence between the calibres and how they were two seperate tools for two different jobs, BUT on his advice for now I told him after much deliberation that I accept his advice but would re-apply for the 22 Rimmie early next year which he accepted.

Gutted. Am I wrong to be upset? Should I just shut up and put up? DAVE

Not wrong to be upset- they are extracting the Urine big time- :icon_eek: always make sure you get a Name when you call- this un nerves them something aweful and use their name a few time in conversation

If youre a member of BASC give them a call and they'll have some imput to your licensing office believe me- I had a similar problem and the stock response seems to be ITS ON THE PILE= maybe this pile is a mile high

Les :gunsmilie:

Edited by Lez325

Took me approx 14 weeks from paperwork,interview & licence to be completed...don't get arsey with them....it takes as long as it takes.After my interview i was told 2-3 weeks,5 weeks later it came in the post,for me worth the wait :gunsmilie:

My initial shotgun cert took 2 weeks in total from posting the forms to receiving the licence in the post. My renewal and application for a .22 and.243 also took around 2 weeks both of these were with lothian and borders police.

Had nothing but good things to say about them and most people I know have had good service from them.

I think it just depends were about in the country you are how busy and efficient the firearms licensing departments are.

I have to deal with other government and council departments on a regular basis and some of them need to remember that they are public servants ie employed to serve the public. They wouldn't get away with their attitude and lack of service in the private sector.

i have now waited six weeks,from the visit of the fao.rang him on wed and he called me back saying it is all sorted and will be sent out this week,only today left. i'll just wait untill next wed and then call him again i think( to make sure its not been lost or put through someone elses door,this happens at least twice a week here,i get others peoples mail!)

my fao said they are not busyso he cant understand why it would take so long.

patience is a virtue as my mom used to say :whistling:

Seems that most are saying to just leave it and ride it out. My FEO said he couldn't understand it and to write a letter of complaint, I'm wondering if maybe certain guys who work in my Area want a shake up in the Dept? Think I'll leave it another week and see how it goes, dare say If nothing by Friday I'll be banging in a stern letter to the Chief Constable..DAVE

hi

would just like to add my input

i sent my application of on 1st may 09 :thumbs: and waited & waited & waited. then i decided to ring the department and was told it should be sorted in 4 weeks, :boogie: well now we were in to end of june.so i rang my local feo and spoke to him.he said he would ring back "he didnt" :doh: so i let it go another month, and rang again on this call i had a date for my interview 10th august 09. :thumbs:

so that went well,but he wanted to come back and interview me with my family as i had some convictions of 20yrs past. :( well that second visit has not come :angry: also after a number of calls to him to get a date! of him.so now we are just gong in to mid october and still no answer. :( but i havent given up! i have just wrote a letter to my feo explaining this situation and i will be sending it today.if i do not here any thing by friday then i shall phone his senior, if still no answer then i have no other option but to call B.A.S.C just thought i would share this with you all

what do ya's tink!

regards

davy

Firearms Licensing is so varied all over the country, that none of us can give you a definite answer whether it is good or bad.

There are even huge gaps in the same licensing department.

A letter to the Licensing departments manager in the first instance being one of the better options, if they either choose to ignore you or send you a reply you are unsatisfied with, then a letter to the top isn't always a bad thing ;)

We don't give up rights by applying for or holding an FAC. We are paying for a service, the Police would do well to remember that. That said, i wouldn't write a letter of complaint but rather a letter querying why the process has taken so long - simply because it is more likely to acheive a result.

When I had my FEO round he said many FEO offices were under resourced as the process is not glamourous, it is not measured for perfomance and never attracts any media interest. So, some county's are short handed and others are not.

Finally, join the basc and make use of their advisory services.

Good luck.