Pinkfoot Geese

I had a morning on thursday at my local marsh with plenty geese in our area. I was heading out to a shoot so kept to the edge & had a right & left with my newish beretta semi-auto. I then moved onto the mud 100yrd or so out & got another 3 pinks by 6.45am & was at my limit. I had hit a young pinker which fell dead into another fowlers decoys 300-400yrds away. He made his way to me when he saw i had packed up at the edge of the marsh to give me my young pinker which i said for him to keep but he had enough & had shot a greylag too. So i thanked this nice wildfowler up from morecambay wildfowlers & it turnned out he was taking video footage of the skene of geese comming in when mine fell out of them beside him. When i got home i thought my bag was heavy & weighed a couple of the pinks with a 6lb on the button & another at 6.48lb & a big pinker i thought so 6 pinks in no time I could have had loads if you were aloud but 5 is more than enough for a flight as you can only shoot them once.

good shooting mate and i am glad greed did not take over , 2 would have been enough for me though

I know what your saying & greed did kick in a wee bit as i took my limit & plus the 1 i got returned to me so had 6 & is basically a record for me. I never bother the geese much in my area due to them getting hounded. In a month fae now you will struggle to get a goose on the mud flats of the basin & my family & i are big eaters of the game i get & iv given a friend 2 of the bigger geese thats what he wants for lobster & partons :D .

what merse do you get flights like that then?

sounds like montrose to me

Yes it is Montrose & there is a count of 51thou in now & you can shoot your pink limit with ease & fowlers are getting them in half a flight.

estimated 24% growth since last years count of pinkfeets and there are loads of young birds in the early season bag....of 5 some friends I I dropped from a small pack a few weeks back......4 were defo first years and 1 was still a youngster but maybe 2 years old......

They were tasty