New to the list

They are not indiginous to the UK. They may be pretty, like squizzers and bunnies, but there is a reason they are now going on the GL's

They compete with native birds. Hence they are pests.

The damage may not be noticable yet, but then look how long it took for the damage that bunnies and grey squizzers did!

Best form of control is nip it in the bud, but the bud has already flowered and they now cover the country, just like the greys!

They would not have been put on the new GL's if they were not causing problems would they?

Phantom

hi guys to be honest i quite like them i am not trying to sound anti shootig about it but my cousin had a wild one he aquired a little whil ago and i thin they are quite nice and dont see the point in shooting them to be honest

dom

Read the article.... they are an invasive exotic species that are competing with our native wildlife.... no point getting all bunny hugger about if ffs, aww they look cute! See the bigger picture...... take a look at the grey squirrel, or the americam mink... or should they not be controlled either, i suppose they are 'quite nice' too right?

hi guys to be honest i quite like them i am not trying to sound anti shootig about it but my cousin had a wild one he aquired a little whil ago and i thin they are quite nice and dont see the point in shooting them to be honest

dom

Read the article.... they are an invasive exotic species that are competing with our native wildlife.... no point getting all bunny hugger about if ffs, aww they look cute! See the bigger picture...... take a look at the grey squirrel, or the americam mink... or should they not be controlled either, i suppose they are 'quite nice' too right?

:clapper:

There not a native species so the will be competing with our native wildlife for that reason they should be culled regardless of how they look or what they do. To be honest they should have been culled before they established themselves so well. Go get them lads :thumbs:

Guest hyperion

but remember lads

The addition to the list does not mean the birds can be shot like pheasant or other game, which come under different rules about "legal quarry".

so dont be fooled if you see any adverts for high sporting driven ringnecked parakeets what what!

:whistling:

cheers

hyperion

awsome more sport for everyone lol

lets go hunting :gunsmilie:

atb lads (first pic of one £20 off me)

zak.

post-18667-1254514519.jpg

There you go, cash only buddy :clapper:

Well you never said it had to be dead :angel: did ya?

Phantom

PMSL!! :D

Edited by Phantom

I'd be chuffed to bits if i had wild ones in my garden on my bird table, along with my usual wood pigeon, 2 doves and a squirrel that the kids have named edna.

They are a pretty bird to look at, but i can see the that they must be causing a problem and they will need to be controlled.

Lets just hope that they dont get wiped out before someone says there now not to be shot.

Just my opinion guys

Si

awsome more sport for everyone lol

lets go hunting :gunsmilie:

atb lads (first pic of one £20 off me)

zak.

post-18667-1254514519.jpg

There you go, cash only buddy :clapper:

Well you never said it had to be dead :angel: did ya?

Phantom

PMSL!! :D

:clapper::clapper: nice one phantom lol

yeah it gotta be dead lads lol :thumbs:

atb zak

Edited by zak-s410