hancocks collie greyhounds

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 2009, 07:42 PM' post='1254838']

thats right but if you see a bad saluki cross run dont mean they all run the same

If they are no good or ruined at a young age, you could allways sell em ;)

29 2009, 07:42 PM' post='1254838']

thats right but if you see a bad saluki cross run dont mean they all run the same

If they are no good or ruined at a young age, you could allways sell em ;)

if your hinting on the dogs i had for sale i sold the pup but kept my brindle dog and gave him 6 runs last nite and killed 5 long eared bunnys mate lisen hes not bernt out or ruined hes a good dog not the best but he can kill hes fair share of stock

well said youve saw good pups catchers out of tyne xlana , lana was out of luke luke was out old d slieghts kizzy and m chap,mans bob true workers who one at the highet level and on the fathers side sniper and jade and tor of dartmoor half cross to class acts in there time , hanckocks would not suit me for big nites had them as a youngster and never again iw ould be going back the way mate
a thought keanos dog was catchers sire..???? must be wrong but a thought you lined it way his dog, :hmm::hmm:
Wow me and my mate brought a rough coated hancocks 3yrs old to take out on rabbits what a bitch i have never in my life seen a dog work like she does talk about creeping up on the rabbits she almost tip toes upto them then bang i watch with amazment she brings them back to heal and sits for us to tell her next move she walks by my side and jumps farm gates....all my life have had whippet crosses etc etc but never worked liked she does she picked 10 out of 10 in one field has anyone else got hancocks collies i love going out lamping but my god i count down the days to be out again ;):D

No disrespect to the people that have Hancocks.Thing they are over rated.Working and money wise.atb. Catcher :yes:

Stay of the cider :tongue2:

back to hanckocks stuff ,i qualified with abeardie hanckock out of richard jones in 91 at the natoinal lurcher feild trails ferreting lampig workin cover got it on vidoe , she was a good bitch by anybodies standard ,but took till 18 months to train up was a mad chewer kennels etc not game , ans over heated on big nites flushing roe hares , she did flush rabbit hare roe fox ,but alas fell short on the big stubbles i hunted especaily driving stubbles ,only collie types ive saw do it were the type i have now and the saluks i keep ,your not talking about a walk your talking about mayybe driving and running several roe and hares ,she was aclass animal at ferrerting i put alot of work into her but the colie line i have now hardly any work and more potetional , and you can see the parents gran great gran same with saluks i keep saw all the parent grand parentsetc , i think people who are knowledgeble no what works ,just like any good working dog why take the chance if you have tools in the kennel tried and tested , ps there a few working beardies about lite on there feet and work all day ,now if i was goin back wards with the dogs they would be good to breed to agrew or greyhound

I had a Hancock ¾ grey hound ¼ Beardie/border bloody wonderful dog never let me down and on the shoot I used to beat on he was as good as many of the gun dog bread dogs, if a bit keen on picking birds up whether the were shot or not ;)

Great dogs or at least the potential to be great dogs, but like so many things you only get out what you put in.

I now have a Beardie half cross Hancock pup just 13 weeks, very smart, keen and engaged.

Here he is at 12 weeks on his first walk out.

tinker_first_walk07b1.jpg