More 22-250 Fox Devestation

Out last night again down shooting a few rabbits (rarely see any foxes at this permission) and thought we would try a couple of fox calls anyway and see if there was anything about. We spotted the eyes in the distance and started calling it in and it warily started coming towards us, weaving in and out of the tall grass, had a bit of a problem tracking it with the NV as I thought it might suddenly might try to circle rather than head straight in. Anyway picked up the eyes again at 120 yards and decided to take my shot.....right throught the old napper splitting it in two !

post-19182-1253890530_thumb.jpg

Out last night again down shooting a few rabbits (rarely see any foxes at this permission) and thought we would try a couple of fox calls anyway and see if there was anything about. We spotted the eyes in the distance and started calling it in and it warily started coming towards us, weaving in and out of the tall grass, had a bit of a problem tracking it with the NV as I thought it might suddenly might try to circle rather than head straight in. Anyway picked up the eyes again at 120 yards and decided to take my shot.....right throught the old napper splitting it in two !

post-19182-1253890530_thumb.jpg

what bullets you using mate

Nice shot!

I also use a 22.250 for the Fox, I reload mine 38 Grains of R15, under a 55 Gr Nosler ballistic, and Nosler precision brass.

It's a good job you don't need to eat Charlie, as there's not much left to skin or cut up!

What rifle are you using now? Mines a Ruger No1 with a Leupold VX3 6,5>20x50 30mm with the Varmint Ret,

Single shot and VERY accurate, Rabbits don't like it though, it looks like you shot a can of fly spray when you

squeeze it off, the mist takes 10 seconds to clear, and the resulting mess is best not shown on Vegitarian Telly.

Andy F.

Dosser?!?! I think you have mixed up your d with a t! Good shot mate i have little knoledge of rifles only dabblin in air rifles, so in relation to a .22 is the rifle .22-250? Or is the calibre measured in different units? Does anyone have a pic of all the different rounds?