permission pain...

stick at it, do a good job, ALWAYS offer the land owner the quarry ( its the done thing) and always buy a bottle at christmas.

i have done this over many years and now have over a 1000 acres of permission(all from word of mouth, from the original)............it pays off in the end !!!!!!

cheers

sean

Hey Sean,

Thanks for that. I didn't know offering the land owner the quarry was the done thing. What do you knock on his door at the end of each shoot? Doesn't that pi** him off???? Sorry, not my own permission before so i know NOTHING. Any other hunter-landowner etiquette i should be aware of? I had hate to land me some permission then piss the land owner off by seeming rude!

stick at it, do a good job, ALWAYS offer the land owner the quarry ( its the done thing) and always buy a bottle at christmas.

i have done this over many years and now have over a 1000 acres of permission(all from word of mouth, from the original)............it pays off in the end !!!!!!

cheers

sean

Hey Sean,

Thanks for that. I didn't know offering the land owner the quarry was the done thing. What do you knock on his door at the end of each shoot? Doesn't that pi** him off???? Sorry, not my own permission before so i know NOTHING. Any other hunter-landowner etiquette i should be aware of? I had hate to land me some permission then piss the land owner off by seeming rude!

just ask the landowner at the time of gaining permission if they require any rabbits etc.....some of mine dont want any but others take a few rabbits a week............i just leave them in a pre-arranged place........so no knocking on doors required.

i always help out with jobs around the farms......fencing, chopping wood, hay timeing etc..........anything you can do to reinforce your realtionship with the farmer will do you no harm.

i always have a good look around whilst shooting......an notify them of any wall gaps, broken fences, fallen stock etc, i shows you care about the surroundings and more importantly you care about their property.

always leave things as you find , keep things tidy and you will have no problems.

its all common sense and decency really..........all land owners are different , but you will learn the best way to behave on each permission, which in most cases will be the same.

hope that helps

atb

sean

cheers

sean

Hey Sean,

just ask the landowner at the time of gaining permission if they require any rabbits etc.....some of mine dont want any but others take a few rabbits a week............i just leave them in a pre-arranged place........so no knocking on doors required.

i always help out with jobs around the farms......fencing, chopping wood, hay timeing etc..........anything you can do to reinforce your realtionship with the farmer will do you no harm.

i always have a good look around whilst shooting......an notify them of any wall gaps, broken fences, fallen stock etc, i shows you care about the surroundings and more importantly you care about their property.

always leave things as you find , keep things tidy and you will have no problems.

its all common sense and decency really..........all land owners are different , but you will learn the best way to behave on each permission, which in most cases will be the same.

hope that helps

atb

sean

Grat stuff - Cheers Sean

There is one other piece of info you need :yes:

Thats not to go pi$$ing off or pulling the Bull's ;):clapper::thumbs:

Phantom

Haha! Yeah! Cheers for the heads up! :thumbs:

It's just made me think of the following line from the film King Pin:

Roy Munson: "Morning! I hope you don't mind, I got up a little early. So I took the liberty of milking your cow for you. Yeah, it took a little while to get her warmed up. She sure is a stubborn one. Then pow, all at once."

Mr. Boorg: "We don't have a cow. We have a bull."

:laugh:

Ok, i've got a freakin' sweet air rifle, loads of time, loads of enthusiasm. I'm not a chav, i'm not an idiot, i'm not reckless. I'm fairly presentable, i speak the queens English and i'm offering a free service to farmers. This is nothing new, but today i drove round 11 farms and called 27, was polite and respectful, so now i'm :censored: off!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!! :censored:

I know no one who's got permission gives a :censored: But writing this is just a form of therapy i guess!

so dump your :censored: here...

Ahhhhhh..... much better :yes:

If at first you dont succed "poach poach poach" nah i see why your so frustreted. Like stealthy said try a bit harder once you have one farm the rest get to slowly know you. We have 2 major shooting clubs in this area & they have pritty much all the land available witch is just down to pure greed in imo !! But i still have quit alot off land to play with witch im realy greatfull for and the best part of it is that its full of badgers witch i bump into on most occasions and end up watching them for ages witch is a total privelage. Hope you have better look soon ATB migmog

cheers

sean

Hey Sean,

hope that helps

atb

sean

Very good advice sean you beat me to it mate !

Phantom

Roy Munson: "Morning! I hope you don't mind, I got up a little early. So I took the liberty of milking your cow for you. Yeah, it took a little while to get her warmed up. She sure is a stubborn one. Then pow, all at once."

:11: Disgusting but :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Phantom

:11: Disgusting but :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Cheers MigMog :thumbs: