Wire mesh bodygrip tunnels

As per title :) And holders too if ye got any, I need to make a few tunnels so I can knock off some mink. I think the mink are playing fcuk with the local quacker population as there aren't nearly as many about as other years.

Would hawks take ducks as well? Yes, I know, protected, and no, I wouldn't, just interested if they would or not.

ATB,

John

As per title :) And holders too if ye got any, I need to make a few tunnels so I can knock off some mink. I think the mink are playing fcuk with the local quacker population as there aren't nearly as many about as other years.

Would hawks take ducks as well? Yes, I know, protected, and no, I wouldn't, just interested if they would or not.

ATB,

John

Cubbies.jpg

holders.jpg

All the best

AF

Use large head felt nails for mounting to trees, boards... Use the H stands for soft ground, and you can use a cubby with its own holder or use the stand with horizontal legs for supporting on hard ground like concrete... Pegandgun might have some posted from years back if you look around..

AF,

Thanks very much, great reply that :)

JB,

John, do you make the holders or buy them? I'll be setting mine for mink along the shoreline and also on banks of small rivers and lakes. I may venture out into mink raft territory but that will be for another time.

120-2,

Thanks very much for that :)

Ian,

Search, I have been :D Though not specifically for P&G which I'll do now. The trouble I found on my search was a lot of broken links, whether that's due to attachments or PhotoBucket or similar images being broken I don't know.

RS,

Looks dead enough to me, well done :) Is that a DIY cage or bought one, and if it's DIY how did you do the holders?

--------------------------------------------

Also I'd like to know is there a specific gap size for mink to enter a tunnel. There will be otters about so I want to keep those lads out, I know they're a log bigger but still, I'd like to eliminate any chance of non target animals entering the tunnel and meeting the trap.

Thanks very much guys :)

(Set three mink cages this morning, forgot my bait, DUH).

Edited by JohnGalway

The truth is that they are master hunter type, and a brilliant simple design like all master hunter gear imop :victory:

you use cage making clips to hold what essentially is another piece of the 2-inch mesh but bent to shape, I dont tend to use the clips now as Trapworks cant afford the fuel to come and see me so I dont get a chance to grab any clips of him :tongue2:

I prefer to spot weld the bent piece of mesh that holds the gripper in place to the main cage.

Out of an 8x4 ft sheet you can make 8 :big_boss:

Already had that pegged Matt :thumbs: Got the two inch stuff for the Larsen cages, need the brother in laws van to get sheets of the one inch mesh, that's all that's holding me up at the moment :yes:

:clapper:

Chalky, that is indeed one of the boldest, most thought provoking post I've had the pleasure to read in many a day :tongue2: I must admit, I agree entirely :thumbs:

Already had that pegged Matt :thumbs: Got the two inch stuff for the Larsen cages, need the brother in laws van to get sheets of the one inch mesh, that's all that's holding me up at the moment :yes:

:clapper:

Chalky, that is indeed one of the boldest, most thought provoking post I've had the pleasure to read in many a day :tongue2: I must admit, I agree entirely :thumbs:

Where's it gone .....