Recoil Pads

Hi,

I have just purchased a secondhand Miroku 12g over and under. The problem is that I am getting recoil problems. The gun has a hard pastic pad on it and was wondering which would be the best pad to get for both pigeon and clay shooting, I have a feeling the stock is very slightly too short and therefore not fitting well.

Any suggestions would be great

Hi,

I have just purchased a secondhand Miroku 12g over and under. The problem is that I am getting recoil problems. The gun has a hard pastic pad on it and was wondering which would be the best pad to get for both pigeon and clay shooting, I have a feeling the stock is very slightly too short and therefore not fitting well.

you can get push fit leather recoil pads that add about an inchin length to the stock and similar design silicon plastic ones that add aout half an inch so whichever is bestfor the fit. i think they are under £30 so its a good idea which could save expensie stock adjustment or it could help you establish the adjustment needed.

atb rob

Hi,

you can get push fit leather recoil pads that add about an inchin length to the stock and similar design silicon plastic ones that add aout half an inch so whichever is bestfor the fit. i think they are under £30 so its a good idea which could save expensie stock adjustment or it could help you establish the adjustment needed.

atb rob

the above are good solutions remember not to get a rubber pad as it will stick to your jacket and prevent smooth mounting of the gun.

PACHMAYR!!!!!!! seriously, I had one of these grind to fit pads installed on my S/S and it really soaks all the recoil out of the gun, ask to see an example of the work carried out by the shop though as you don't want to fall in to the same trap as I did, as in pretty poor workmanship! I have one of the 1" Decelerator pads - really very good!

with regards to rubber/not, I have had no problems with my pad, just don't slide the but up your coat/shirt that's all mount the gun in a little more positive fashion and you'll be fine!

Edited by danebrewer10
Hi,

atb rob

the above are good solutions remember not to get a rubber pad as it will stick to your jacket and prevent smooth mounting of the gun.

not if u have a good mount, or you could put eletrical tape over it