My First Hawk...

gilly-93

Alright lads thats a shame having to move your quality setup for ruby look forward to seeing the photos with new camera :thumbs: had bloody foxes at the back of my house the other night i think in the neighbours garden but im hoping the dog being in the kennel will stop them actually getting into mine or :hunter: hope all goes well this season with ruby and reading the updates all the best lads

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your a very lucky young man to have the back up and support at home with the bird. Your mews are first class and a credit to you, your enthusiasm is also spot on, and you have a lovely bird to work wi

Stella hit a small fence hidden in some tall grass while chasing a rabbit thats all i wish to say,after talking things over with dad and a great many tears we have decided not to pack in with the hawk

Starting a thread to keep track of the progress with my first hawk. After reading up on Harris Hawks for more or less a year i decided to take the plunge. Built the mews and weathering aprox 2-3 weeks

Posted Images

mate all that ive just read and let me meal go cold for ha,should be put into a book i tell ya great stuff could ov spent all night reading more.bet your dad is one of us old school lads that used to lamp humping a car battery on his back around the fields,and walking miles as we did not relying on a 4x4 as most do now.you,ve inspired a lot of us to get out into the fields to do what we do be it dogs,guns,and hawks.hope your coming season is a great one and you and your dad enjoy it.after all its in the blood fella.atb tenbob.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gutted.....just read the last thread of this inspirational post, Liam, the world is your oyster, the way you have come across with your excellent writing skills has totally sucked me in, I understand youve got your school work....but come on matey...more more more :boogy:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Never have I sat through and read 8pages of a topic on here but this one sucked me in! Great read Liam, your pretty gifted at this.. All the best with rubys next season and I'll be looking forward to more good reading when you can next update us.. Well done and thanks!

Amazing thread this has only made me more interested in birds !!! Good writing and you have made me think I could do this . Even with the bad times ( rip Stella ) you have talked me threw this hope all is well with your bird :)

Made me sick to the stomach reading about Stella, sorry for your loss there lads. Great read so far though, i've never been into falconry and i probably never will but it's interesting to see exactly how it's done.

• 3 weeks later...

Well well well its not often im lost for words !!.......Just spent an hour reading through this and can honestly say its the best thread ive seen having been coming on here 6 or 7 years and thinking id read near every word on here !

Having been toying with the idea of a bird for a while this was the perfect read,fantastically written and of huge interest.

Thankyou Liam and Dad for such genuinely nice read.

• 1 month later...

I just read that from start to end.

WOW

Fantastic writing, info. And pics.

Now I feel like my favourite tv show has just been canceled!!!

How you three are doing well together.

Liam you've got a dad in a million there mate.

And dad he's a credit to you. And I'm sure your as proud as can be.

Best of luck in all you do