Antique, quick release, double dog slip lead

Thank you Reload, Inan, I'll get the pics on Friday, and post them up. Maybe someone can honestly tell me if their worth anything.

He bid on a box of edwardian and Victorian horse whips, when he unpacked the box at home he found them in their as well.

Although he guessed they were for Lurchers, he gave me a shout on the CB asking if I knew what they were.

Anyone know of any old footage of Hare coursing that show the slips being used that I could send him a link to?

All the Waterloo Cup clips I've seen on Youtube just show the dogs running not them beiing slipped.

Cheers again

Luke.

if as you say they re for lurchers they wont be very old, less than 30yrs old at the most so not of any great value, on the other hand they may be whippet slips and they re harder to come by than the greyhound slips, pre ban you could pick up excellent sets for less than £100 on a good day

Y.I.S Leeview

Just wondering how much they would worth? apparently their edwardian or victorian?

Their a single lead with two collars being released from a single toggle I think?

A friends picked up a few of them from an auction.

Cheers for any help.

Luke.

Pictured, English slip leads. a pair like these without history sold for 360 quid on ebay last year.. ;)

Just wondering how much they would worth? apparently their edwardian or victorian?

Their a single lead with two collars being released from a single toggle I think?

A friends picked up a few of them from an auction.

Cheers for any help.

Luke.

Pictured, English slip leads. a pair like these without history sold for 360 quid on ebay last year.. ;)

We'll have to give those a try this season mate when you come down here for a run or two ;)

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took me so long to get a pic of them, I kept forgetting whenever I was round there.

Photo-0006-3.jpg

Photo-0007-3.jpg

I believe they might be for Whippets? they seem too small for a Lurcher/Greyhound. he has two of these, although the second has lost the cord from inside.

He also has two Hunting whips, he's dated them to about 1910-1930 by the Silver stamp marks on the handles.

Photo-0008-2.jpg

Photo-0009-2.jpg

Sorry their not great photo's (camera phone)

Yes they're English pattern in the pics, they're greyhound slips the collars extend :yes: Whippet slips are shorter, narrower and usually padded and lined in leather or suede, if he's selling them try ebay if there going for that much personally the most I'd seen them go for F2F was £100 and the cordsnot that hard to replace ;)

Y.I.S Leeview

PS those whips are superb examples

Edited by Leeview