Well, been for a walk up the local farm this evening, and has a good bit of sport. Got there at about 6:15 as the sun was about 2 hours from setting so the rabbits were out, pigeons were roosting as well as the crows. So walking up through the yard and place the gun case on the grass bank, where i normally place it and walk up to the sheds where i enter through the gate into the fields to do my round. Chambered two 28 gram 7.5s and then walked with the gun open to the gate when i see a rabbit coming though the fence towards me and closed the barrel and lifted the 28inch barrels and places the golden bead on its head and slipped the trigger off and pulled the trigger, one dead rabbit in the bag. Here you can see where the rabbit rolled down the bank and under the log ( on the left) so i hat to lift that to retrieve it.

DSC00657.jpg

next, walked into the field alone the fence going up hill, when a murder of crows decided to fly over me, so i sat in the shadows and waited for them to get into range, and then took 2 shots, but to no anvil, i think the 7.5s just couldn't handle the height of the crows. But lifes and lurns. Here is where i sat in wait of the crows as they flew towards me

DSC00659.jpg

Walking towards a fence which had a two tress on the other side almost growing in the fence, so i decided to wait between these for anything and i was rewarded with a incoming pigeon, it didn't have a clew i was there in my Max4 camo jacket and green trousers, so i shouldered the 20bore crouched down because the overhanging branches and i pulled of one of the most satisfying shots i have ever done, one shot one kill, it spiraled into the ground about 40yards away, most defiantly the best shot i have ever done> No wonder people enjoy pigeons decoying so much :D. So moving on a nothing showed after that, well nothing in range anyway, but was nice to be out in the nice evening doing what i love to do, Hope you enjoy the pics :good:

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

I miss my 20 bore, i think im goin to have to take it out again soon. i tell you what, when i went on shoots with it i used to get all kinds of comments saying that the 20 bore wasnt up to as much as the 12 bores....shut a few up when i had 18 out of a 60 bird day, the only 20 bore there.

i might have to get a 20 once i get my licence after i have saved up again.

i have found a good bit of sport doing walked up pigeon shooting with the farmers 12 bore. you have to walk the boundaries of the feild if it has good thick hedges, and wait for a pigeon to break cover brilliant sport 7 1/2s are perfect for it too but dont handle the long shots too well with single choke s/s

atb

rob

Went for a walk again today with the 20bore. Had a really nice evening. And a rather odd one. All was going well, had bagged a pigeon crossing from left to righ and had myself a good one shot at it and it just flopped to the ground. The second was a jack doo which flew right over me whilst i was in wait of them when they were coming in to roost. This one took two shot but go him with the second barrel. And then bagged myself a HUGE squirrel that was sat calling in a big oak tree. But the weird was i was sat under a crow flightline when a jack doo came in at a slow pace and i took aim and shot it, it then did a back flip in the air and started to descend and then flew off :blink: I was swearing and ranting, haha wasn't very happy because i hit the bugger bt it didn't come down. Ow well a nice evening walk it was, Heres a few pics

Where i shot the pigeon from

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

The days bag

DSC00675.jpg