Two new products from DD Timber Product

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John

Please dont take this as a negative post is it most certainly isn't meant that way. The boxes are superb, but, I would rather use a 1" square mesh or similar on the front instead of the bars ( as good as they are), as with the bars a terrier can easily push his leg through all the way, and even his muzzle, not that this will let your terrier out , but if you have other dogs of a larger species in the vehicle as well, and you have just moved some soil and are on the way home or to another soil moving exercise, there could well me be some "worked up" dogs, of both sorts in the back of the vehicle.

IF something sparks off in the back of your vehicle then a terriers leg or muzzle could be gripped and some serious damage done to it, even ripped off by the time you get into resolve the problem. I once saw this in a similar scenario with a purpose built division in a back of a van, it can only take a spark. As stated, please dont take this as a negative as all your products are top notch, but it's just my humble opinion for what its worth.

I hope it's of some use to you

ATB

B :thumbs:

Bootsha, I know exactly what you are saying mate, I have had no problems with the wire myself, but a couple of lads have made me aware of terriers pulling the wire off, saying that it is only a few, but if Im to suppy the dog world with product that I would like to think are of the best standard I can make then I most listeren to whats being said and if in the same case as you mentioned a terrier broke lose in the back of a van, I think the little dog in most if not all cases is go one way only, I did think of leaving the wire in place under the bars or offering the bars as an extra, the enginering company have only made the one set as yet and I thought if I put them up on here first and let lads see them and get some feed back first, then see how things go

Digaman those boxes look like they have seen some use, I tryed putting hand holes in the side of my own boxes to see who it would work and the bugger eat half the side of the box away

Sorry I have taken so long to get back with some answers but we are a bit short staffed at the minute and I have just got back in after putting up kennels with young john to try and keep things up to date

Single boxes £30.00

Double boxes £50.00

Triple boxes £65.00

all £15.00 P&P

because of the standard of work I requier on the spades has to be high and there is a need for strength and acuracy (making sure the handle and blade line up perfectly ) to make digging comfortable, the price is not cheap but you only get what you pay for in this world, I could get a bar welded inside the tube and put two bolts through but it not going to be right, the price is £45.00 each, and because of the wieght P&P will be £7.50

Co Chise, the rattle gets on my tits too mate, I put draught excluder, the sticky back type on the edges of the doors this stoped it, like ever thing else its some thing I am looking at as you all know the boxes keep improving at every chance I get, one thing Im chasing is a lock simlar to the one used on the box given has first prize at the welsh game fair and earthdog runningdog

Hi John

Please dont take this as a negative post is it most certainly isn't meant that way. The boxes are superb, but, I would rather use a 1" square mesh or similar on the front instead of the bars ( as good as they are), as with the bars a terrier can easily push his leg through all the way, and even his muzzle, not that this will let your terrier out , but if you have other dogs of a larger species in the vehicle as well, and you have just moved some soil and are on the way home or to another soil moving exercise, there could well me be some "worked up" dogs, of both sorts in the back of the vehicle.

IF something sparks off in the back of your vehicle then a terriers leg or muzzle could be gripped and some serious damage done to it, even ripped off by the time you get into resolve the problem. I once saw this in a similar scenario with a purpose built division in a back of a van, it can only take a spark. As stated, please dont take this as a negative as all your products are top notch, but it's just my humble opinion for what its worth.

I hope it's of some use to you

ATB

B :thumbs:

Bootsha, I know exactly what you are saying mate, I have had no problems with the wire myself, but a couple of lads have made me aware of terriers pulling the wire off, saying that it is only a few, but if Im to suppy the dog world with product that I would like to think are of the best standard I can make then I most listeren to whats being said and if in the same case as you mentioned a terrier broke lose in the back of a van, I think the little dog in most if not all cases is go one way only, I did think of leaving the wire in place under the bars or offering the bars as an extra, the enginering company have only made the one set as yet and I thought if I put them up on here first and let lads see them and get some feed back first, then see how things go

Digaman those boxes look like they have seen some use, I tryed putting hand holes in the side of my own boxes to see who it would work and the bugger eat half the side of the box away

Sorry I have taken so long to get back with some answers but we are a bit short staffed at the minute and I have just got back in after putting up kennels with young john to try and keep things up to date

Single boxes £30.00

Double boxes £50.00

Triple boxes £65.00

all £15.00 P&P

because of the standard of work I requier on the spades has to be high and there is a need for strength and acuracy (making sure the handle and blade line up perfectly ) to make digging comfortable, the price is not cheap but you only get what you pay for in this world, I could get a bar welded inside the tube and put two bolts through but it not going to be right, the price is £45.00 each, and because of the wieght P&P will be £7.50

Co Chise, the rattle gets on my tits too mate, I put draught excluder, the sticky back type on the edges of the doors this stoped it, like ever thing else its some thing I am looking at as you all know the boxes keep improving at every chance I get, one thing Im chasing is a lock simlar to the one used on the box given has first prize at the welsh game fair and earthdog runningdog

what so thats about 100 pound alltogether with post for two spades, youve gotta be kiding mate, i was very intrested till i saw the price, and im sure a lot of other terrier boys will feal the same, very smart looking boxes though.
Guest busterdog

Each to there own John but i think that the terriers have got more of a chance of fitting their muzzle between the bars and pulling the bars off than they would with the mesh and with the tiny screws that you have got to use the only way forward would be to bolt straight through the door with a decent washer or plate on the front. I have a treble set with the mesh on and they're sound enough.

Can we see the shovel from a side view please, no i haven't got a shovel fetish its just i don't like to have to much angle on my shovel.

Edited by busterdog

From the amount of Pms I have received about the wire V's bars I think we will offer the bars as an extra and keep the wire as standard, but if any one else feels strongly either way please let me know as I would like to improve our product in any way possible

As for the price of the spades everone seem happy with them, after all its not as if Im sticking a piece of pipe up the shaft and drilling two hole through and shoving a couple of nuts and bolts through, these are a precisoin enginered bit of kit, there is no movement in the joint and the handle and blade are perfectly in line, over the years I have seen all kinds of digging gear in the backs of vans, everything from the B&Q £5.00 budget spades to some real quality pieces of equipment. I don't expect the guy that has a walk out now and again to look at or even think of buying one of these spades, but this doesn't make him any less of a good dog man in my eyes, just he may not feel the investment is worth it, as ofcourse not every dye in the wool terrierman who is out day in day out has a need for one either, but after listening to many dog lads through the year an the many show we go to all over the country I know there is a market for this product, and as in the past if we can help out we will try our best, and not just stock the products every other field sports outlet keep

From the amount of Pms I have received about the wire V's bars I think we will offer the bars as an extra and keep the wire as standard, but if any one else feels strongly either way please let me know as I would like to improve our product in any way possible

As for the price of the spades everone seem happy with them, after all its not as if Im sticking a piece of pipe up the shaft and drilling two hole through and shoving a couple of nuts and bolts through, these are a precisoin enginered bit of kit, there is no movement in the joint and the handle and blade are perfectly in line, over the years I have seen all kinds of digging gear in the backs of vans, everything from the B&Q £5.00 budget spades to some real quality pieces of equipment. I don't expect the guy that has a walk out now and again to look at or even think of buying one of these spades, but this doesn't make him any less of a good dog man in my eyes, just he may not feel the investment is worth it, as ofcourse not every dye in the wool terrierman who is out day in day out has a need for one either, but after listening to many dog lads through the year an the many show we go to all over the country I know there is a market for this product, and as in the past if we can help out we will try our best, and not just stock the products every other field sports outlet keep

Good answer John. They are a bit steep in price for me. But then again, when my sh!t spade isn't up to the job, I'll wish too late that I had spent the money.

john im not a dog man but you have mentioned the problem with rattling locks i think you can get larger versions of those latches you use on ferrets boxex which have a good positive lock up and are silent but easier to knock open i suppose.

maybe mesh with bars on top would be the perfect combo and through bolted for strength

looks good though

atb rob