Two new products from DD Timber Product

Yet again we have improved, our already popular terrier box range, by replacing the wire fronts with steel bars, these bars will also be available to past customers that wish to update there boxes

DSC00594_edited-1.jpg

DSC00596_edited-1.jpg

Also we now have a two piece steel shafted spade precision enginered by a local toolmakers, we believe it is the first time this kind of product has been produced commercially and being offered to the working dog community, the spades are constructed in a way so that all the fixings are inside the shaft so no nuts and bolts to catch your hands on whilst digging, and so are now even stonger at the point of the joint, a part of the blade as also been cut away and sharpened so making cutting through roots easier, and bars fixed to the top of the blade to protect boot soles, the spades are available in both round nosed and trenching blades

DSC00591_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again we have improved, our already popular terrier box range, by replacing the wire fronts with steel bars, these bars will also be available to past customers that wish to update there boxes

DSC00594_edited-1.jpg

DSC00596_edited-1.jpg

Also we now have a two piece steel shafted spade precision enginered by a local toolmakers, we believe it is the first time this kind of product has been produced commercially and being offered to the working dog community, the spades are constructed in a way so that all the fixings are inside the shaft so no nuts and bolts to catch your hands on whilst digging, and so are now even stonger at the point of the joint, a part of the blade as also been cut away and sharpened so making cutting through roots easier, and bars fixed to the top of the blade to protect boot soles, the spades are available in both round nosed and trenching blades

DSC00591_edited-1.jpg

Hi John

The new terrier box looks good.And spades also.

Is that the terrier box you sent up to me.See you at your show on the 4th of october

DSC00594_edited-1.jpg

DSC00596_edited-1.jpg

Some kind of handle would be fine on the top or on the sides. But it is just an idea.

DSC00594_edited-1.jpg

DSC00596_edited-1.jpg

DSC00591_edited-1.jpg

alot better with the bars as my dogs chewed the wire of, could of improved the locks aswell to stop the rattling :D , how much are a set of the spades john ? Edited by CO CHISE

Hi John

Please dont take this as a negative post is it most certainly isn't meant that way. The boxes are superb, but, I would rather use a 1" square mesh or similar on the front instead of the bars ( as good as they are), as with the bars a terrier can easily push his leg through all the way, and even his muzzle, not that this will let your terrier out , but if you have other dogs of a larger species in the vehicle as well, and you have just moved some soil and are on the way home or to another soil moving exercise, there could well me be some "worked up" dogs, of both sorts in the back of the vehicle.

IF something sparks off in the back of your vehicle then a terriers leg or muzzle could be gripped and some serious damage done to it, even ripped off by the time you get into resolve the problem. I once saw this in a similar scenario with a purpose built division in a back of a van, it can only take a spark. As stated, please dont take this as a negative as all your products are top notch, but it's just my humble opinion for what its worth.

I hope it's of some use to you

ATB

B :thumbs: