couple of pics

Sorry mate no pictures for me i cant get close enough to a deer to shoot it i was wearing the real tree to long and now i am in the habit of coming home empty handed. With regards getting deer there are areas that have lots and that are very easy to get that will not be the same in a plantation that is were you need to be at the top of your game. That's why i am trying to point the new lad in the correct direction. Or may be you could take him out for one of the easy ones to help with his confidence. :tongue2:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate but only the new lads to stalking ware the real tree it is now associated with the poaching brigade and used mostly under the cover of darkness. Times move on indeed and tweed has stud the test of time now that is a fact.Also if you were waring almost any colour and tucked well you would be invisible. Now wouldn't it be better to start wub in the correct manner or we will be seeing pictures of him walking about woodland time and time again with no deer. He will then be wondering why and the reason is on his back that real tree stuff is only good in dense deciduous woodland

I may be wrong,and,if I am I am sorry,but,I have a feeling this is a picture of you Wireviz in your Tweeds and cords.....................

av-2.jpg

I wasn't aware they done 'Realtree' tweeds mate.

Martin you are half right mate that is a stag i shot and one of the few wild golds shot in 2007 the chap in the picture is only there to hold the massive head up i was to weak to lift it. ;)

Now if you want to ware real tree that's fine and for most it is about the posing they only get one or two deer a year. I call it deer happening and that's because any one can do it you just walk about alot and hope to bump a foolish deer who for some strange reason stands in the same place long enough for any fool to shoot it. Plantation require alot of skill and the right equipment is essential that includes the clothes. Now don't you think that WUB should be given advice from people who know there stuff and have stalked plantation successfully for more years than they care to remember.

PS Martin i did at one point treat my self to a suit of real tree it was the Deer hunter ram range it has been worn a couple of times .Not my choice when the going gets tough. ;)

[shit you know what i take it all back some people do were camo on the open hill and they blend in so well .iT WAS LUCKIE THE DOG WAS IN THE PICTURE CATCHER or for the life of me i would never have made your shape out :clapper::clapper:

Why do you think i had my blue jeans on :D So the low flying jets would miss me :clapper::clapper:

Sorry mate no pictures for me i cant get close enough to a deer to shoot it i was wearing the real tree to long and now i am in the habit of coming home empty handed. With regards getting deer there are areas that have lots and that are very easy to get that will not be the same in a plantation that is were you need to be at the top of your game. That's why i am trying to point the new lad in the correct direction. Or may be you could take him out for one of the easy ones to help with his confidence. :tongue2:

Ive taken many lads out for one of the' easy' Wiltshire roe mate .Can the same be said for you in your area or is it very close knit where you are as well as closely inbred .

Have it on good authority that it is you in the pic longshot .Just come clean ,nothing to be ashamed of .A fair trophy that anyone would be proud of 'chubysaurus'. :clapper:

PS Martin i did at one point treat my self to a suit of real tree it was the Deer hunter ram range it has been worn a couple of times .Not my choice when the going gets tough.

PS vissy -when the going gets tough all you will do is puff .

Edited by foxdropper

Wireviz......oh dear.

You tell me realtree does not work!!

It has worked in many many occasions for myself, heres a few photos of times when wearing realtree and the results!

Yes I wear tweed as well but for where i do my hunting realtree is the choice!

post-16153-1253102824.jpg

This doe was shot with me sat in amongst a bush walking towards me and only stopped to eat when it was about 40 or less yards away!

post-16153-1253103023.jpg

This fox was squeaked in just as light was falling wearing realtree again (and tweeds) on the legs, I was kneeling when I shot it, and again I blended in enough to get the shot!

The best is yet to come!

I was wearing realtree trousers the a green coat and a realtree backpack (which would stick up of the ground when lying down) oh and a realtree hat!

On some ground above mine was walking about and saw an unusual gingery/brown rock shaped thing down the fence line, thinking to myself that wasnt there last time I was here, and upon looking through the scope it still looked not animal like, i turned around and made sure the scope was shooting as I had set it before on a rabbit at around 90yards, bang on head shot. Turned around had a look down the fence to see the same shape there, hhoped over the fence making a bit of noise and when i looked up theres a fox sat up looking at me now luckily where i had walked down from the fence until I noticed the now known fox was looking my way , I stopped dead and slowly knelt down and watched, the fox was still sat, not being able to get a good shot off the fox being around 110yrds (even though some of you may start asking thats far to far for a .22 lr your wrong, I've shot upto 150+ with it easily, and we have checked the ranges after the shot) The fox finally slinked into the wood and I lay down just in the plain field of grass and squeaked, no longer than 40 seconds later theres the fox walking right to me about 30 yards away, by this time I had stopped squeaking and it kept coming until I took it at around 20 yards. The fox had no idea I was there!!

Here is the result

post-16153-1253104021.jpg

Same night may aswell post them got another 3 (onyl got a pic of the last 2) so 4 foxes for the day not bad going

post-16153-1253104081.jpg

[i see the pictures were while out lamping do you really think that real tree helped :clapper::clapper: I don't think so not one bit with regards the best has yet to come i hope so like your first hard on and your first legal drink and to realise that 150+meters for a rimmy at a fox is to far. :icon_redface: Your the type of chap that foxdropper loves to take out because he can impress you with his vast knowledge and you can compare real tree patterns :D

[i see the pictures were while out lamping do you really think that real tree helped :clapper::clapper: I don't think so not one bit with regards the best has yet to come i hope so like your first hard on and your first legal drink and to realise that 150+meters for a rimmy at a fox is to far. :icon_redface: Your the type of chap that foxdropper loves to take out because he can impress you with his vast knowledge and you can compare real tree patterns :D

Were you there when I shot them?? no They were not whilst lamping, yes the pictures may look dark, but they were not lamping. The 2 at the bottom were later that evening whilst lamping but the others were around 4-5 o'clock.

Did I say I took the 150 yard shots at foxes? no I said I can shoot to around that range with the rifle, I wouldn't want to try a fox at the range in case of injury, and it getting away. Its while shooting rabbits so, stop talking sh*te.

And another thing the RealTree does help, you can 'talk' all you want but you weren't there when and what happened! So again stop talking utter sh*te!

And what the hell are you on about my first legal pint and boner???? freak. Dont need to worry about those as im 18 you tit! :feck:

I agree with badger. Except you dont need to use RealTree, any modern camo will do. I just wear a pair of drab green trousers and a combat jacket (as it has loads of pockets). I've never had a problem hiding from quarry. Modern camouflage equipment is designed with the intent of hiding the individual from animals with a lot better detection systems than deer, mainly other humans. When its brand new camouflage clothing is IR absorbent and waterproof. Its also designed to hide the user in a temperate enviroment, in wester Europe. Remarkabley similar to the climate that most in the UK hunt in, funnily enough. Although it may not be totally in keeping with tradition, camo is a hell of a lot cheaper than tweed. When you're on a budget and have spent most of that on the rifle and optics, then there is nothing wrong with wearing camouflage. But good look pushing the tweed angle wireviz, hope all the commission you earn is worth it.

cheers

UG,

PS wireviz, your credibility is somewhat damaged by your inability to spell.