Sign in to follow this  
bullxryno

good morning

we spotted a few geese on abit of stubble so we head out this morning to see if we could bag a few! So we set up the decoys about 40 of them so we had a good patten. we were laying out inbetween the decoys with camo net over us! got everything sorted and got layed out the first pair of greylags came at 6:30 we got them in the bag! went really quiet then about 8 oclock god knows what happend but they never stopped coming!!! :clapper: At the end of the flight we ended up with 40 greylag 6 canadas 3 mallard!!

post-29530-1252242902.jpg

post-29530-1252242967.jpg

Well done..that'll be resident greys in notts anyway.....

So how do you go about preparing them for the freezer? Do you go for the complete pluck or just crown them?

T

well done! get stuck into them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a lot of geese shot friend, each to his own but not for me :thumbs:

Regards Bell

Wait and let the lad reply it all depends on how many guns there was out but yes i am a guide and that is a lot of geese to be shooting in any one morning.

It all to there own

Regards

why would that be too many? if the numbers are there the damage is being done imo. no one wants to exterminate them but they should be controlled.

atb and happy shooting.

resident breadlags arnt they? they need culled canadas too!!

Andy

i use to love inland shooting but would know when to stop,what harm would the birds be doing feeding on a stubble they aint causing any damage. go out get a few shots,bag a few and pack up. dont shoot what you cant walk off with. these lads would have needed a small truck to get them birds off.