good morning

and for CRECCA layout blinds work mate that i use 1 wheather it is pigeon shooting or wildfowling birds dont like coming into corners of fields or to hedges! so if you layout in a field no hedges or corners birds feel comfy in come to the decoys! try it CRECCA you would be supprised mate!! :D

ATB RYNO

I will not be surprised I will also use one where conditions allow. What I am surprised at is that you had 10 lay out blinds?

whatever hes chose to do its obviously worked for him so thumbs up ryno :victory: well done and keep on what your doing!!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinkfoots, 290,000+ and rising consistantly for years

Resident Greylags and Resident Canada's are ditto....

while we have an "ethical" limit placed, not a legal one...for migratory pinks and greys the current situation is that we.....as a shooting population....

are not doing enough to limit a growing and potentially damaging population of greylags and canada geese in England and Wales

I said before that local overexploitation must be a potential problem.....but I have not seen any evidence of it published or spoken of

As said earlier in discussion..............if they get eaten....whats the problem

while we have an "ethical" limit placed, not a legal one...for migratory pinks and greys the current situation is that we.....as a shooting population....

are not doing enough to limit a growing and potentially damaging population of greylags and canada geese in England and Wales

I said before that local overexploitation must be a potential problem.....but I have not seen any evidence of it published or spoken of

As said earlier in discussion..............if they get eaten....whats the problem

nothing gets wasted mate! i love goose meat!

sorry to go a bit off topic , i would just like to say tom , i have read your article in the sporting gun this month a very good right up tom and very helpfull , well done top stuff !!! :clapper:

Nice one Ryno, they have started to flight over me now away from your permission and onto mine :whistling:.

All this crap about going up tpo scotland for the geese!!!, the last time i went up we didn't even shoot a cartridge, you could see where all the other clients had been the day before!! we didn't see feck all. And the guide even had the cheek to try and charge us :wankerzo4: It's not all it's cracked up to be you must know the guide and don't take owt for granted as some just see you as a tool to fill your wallet. It will be along time before i pay to go to scotland again.

ABCD0009.jpg

Well here is 7 happy clients of mine that shot this bag yesterday so not all guides are w...kers and go back to the field they had lad's o the day before in fact i am going back to a field i shot 3 times last week andthe lads will shoot geese so no problem going back if the geese are back on it

Good luck

Regards

ABCD0009.jpg

Well here is 7 happy clients of mine that shot this bag yesterday so not all guides are w...kers and go back to the field they had lad's o the day before in fact i am going back to a field i shot 3 times last week andthe lads will shoot geese so no problem going back if the geese are back on it

Good luck

Regards

I know that Lee i spoke to you on the phone a few weeks after if you remember. It just leaves a bad taste when you travel over 600 miles for nothing not even a shot on the geese. I may have a look up on the roe does if you have a few about around the end of november and a duck flight??

Guest 8 Bore

sorry to go a bit off topic , i would just like to say tom , i have read your article in the sporting gun this month a very good right up tom and very helpfull , well done top stuff !!! :clapper:

Good write up Tom but all factory loads?

What about home loaded steel?

Edited by 8 Bore
ABCD0009.jpg

Good luck

Regards

I know that Lee i spoke to you on the phone a few weeks after if you remember. It just leaves a bad taste when you travel over 600 miles for nothing not even a shot on the geese. I may have a look up on the roe does if you have a few about around the end of november and a duck flight??

its a shame you couldnt tell all your fellow countryman not to bother coming up to scotland,where did you go that you didnt get a shot?

ABCD0009.jpg

Good luck

Regards

its a shame you couldnt tell all your fellow countryman not to bother coming up to scotland,where did you go that you didnt get a shot?

I will mate, like you would do the same if you experienced the same... After all the expenses of travel, B & B etc. We were shooting near Saline. We also had a duck flight and never saw a duck!!!. I'd sooner stay down here and feed the stubbles with a few bags of barley and take my chance of getting a few shots...

I've visited scotland for the last 8years both stalking and goose/duck shooting. The first 3-4 years were great but it started to deteriate and last year was the last straw for me on the geese/ducks. I'll still travel up once a year for the roe stalking and the odd duck flight in the evening but i'll leave the geese. £70 for a total blank is a bit steep...

ABCD0009.jpg

Good luck

Regards

I will mate, like you would do the same if you experienced the same... After all the expenses of travel, B & B etc. We were shooting near Saline. We also had a duck flight and never saw a duck!!!. I'd sooner stay down here and feed the stubbles with a few bags of barley and take my chance of getting a few shots...

I've visited scotland for the last 8years both stalking and goose/duck shooting. The first 3-4 years were great but it started to deteriate and last year was the last straw for me on the geese/ducks. I'll still travel up once a year for the roe stalking and the odd duck flight in the evening but i'll leave the geese. £70 for a total blank is a bit steep...

sorry to here your poor flight in scotland. should be a no goose no fee system surley?

resident breadlags arnt they? they need culled canadas too!!

Andy

i use to love inland shooting but would know when to stop,what harm would the birds be doing feeding on a stubble they aint causing any damage. go out get a few shots,bag a few and pack up. dont shoot what you cant walk off with. these lads would have needed a small truck to get them birds off.

c**ts always nick my floating crust when im carp fishing :hunter: good riddence :wallbash:

Wag/8 bore

Thanks! Always nice to get postive criticism!

Always factory loads.....simple reason is that Joe Hunter when shooting duck usually shoots a factory shell through a 12g.

I have a hunch, from what I have seen thus far of the all results sent into BASC, is that there is greater pattern retention from homeloads (i.e. less flyers)........that may be because of higher velocity which tightens steel patterns unlike with lead where it increases flyers....anyway...a debate about to start from that claim alone no doubt

Best be off to change my deeks from long lines to droppers....the ducks are gettin' a visit tomorrow

Hasta la Vista

T