1st September

:whistling: Great morning 21 canada's 2 mallard 2 tuffty's between me & my mate Stuck at work now though !! :drink:

i dont think killing 21 canada geese in one flight is a good start to the season , i would be embarrased to put that on a public forum

Gentlemen....Canada geese were not put on the pest list for nothing...they are causing localised agricultural and more importantly ecological disruption in some areas...their numbers are increasing and current levels of shooting on the residents in the UK is far from reaching any "national" disgrace.....

So assuming they are going to be eaten....why not. The whole point about shooting Canda geese, Grey squirrels etc etc is to reduce their numbers!

Ethics is a funny game...I would throw my toys out of the pram if that was Icelandic greys but not resident greys!

Gentlemen....Canada geese were not put on the pest list for nothing...they are causing localised agricultural and more importantly ecological disruption in some areas...their numbers are increasing and current levels of shooting on the residents in the UK is far from reaching any "national" disgrace.....

So assuming they are going to be eaten....why not. The whole point about shooting Canda geese, Grey squirrels etc etc is to reduce their numbers!

Ethics is a funny game...I would throw my toys out of the pram if that was Icelandic greys but not resident greys!

Maybe he should have stuck it on the pest control section then because i definitely wouldnt call it wildfowling or sport for that matter.

Foxy

Maybe you are right...Maybe he should have..........As I said ...Ethics is a funny subject.....as is the definition of wildfowling.....but I dont think it is fair to condem him when many others kill as many geese over inland decoys between more guns.

As long as it is not wanton waste, and as long as it is not birds from natural European migratory flightlines .....if that were the case I would agree with you....that is when it is just not on.

Still not had a shot on Canada's ........hopefully one morning this week

ps just to start a debate........ what is sport...the skill in the shot or the number you take or the fact that you killed it or the fact that you ate it.......

I dont like this notion of "Sporting shot"....it is about safety and clean kills regardless of how easy or difficult the shot was! Just a thought.

Edited by tom1cameron