Firearms Licensing Departments

Thames Valley Police.

The FEO is brilliant. Had a few interactions with the "firearms licensing manager" at HQ, and the staff seem pleasant enough and fairly knowledgable. Unfortunately the experience somewhat soured by their losing a load of my paperwork, and failing to let me know that they'd lost it/not received it. The whole thing took nearly 4 months! Throughout the FEO was brilliant. Knowledgable and seemed interested in actually getting me my licence! :thumbs: Unfortunately again they were extremely inflexible and the central office seemed interested in preventing me from getting my licence. :thumbdown:

Hampshire, where my main permission is, the FEO who came out to check the land was great. We had a good walk round, very thorough (which is good!) and very knowledgable. Fair and very helpful, I can't fault them. Not had any contact with their central office though.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gwent is fine i find BUT i got a letter through theothr day and as im 17 i am or WAS allowed to buy a shotgun and ammunition but now as of the 28th of this month the age goes up to 18, which i cant believe im 18 in october but i seriously cant believe it i was in shck while reading the letter i am saving to buy a gun at the midland gamefair but i will still be 17 so i have to put it on someone elses tiket.

any other lads get this or is it just gwent

It's new legislation fella. There's a thread about it on here, "just my luck" I think it's called. You can still own the guns, but you can't purchase them, or any amunition for them, after the 28th of July (wednesday coming.) You can however be given a rifle and ammunition.

dyfed powys police came out 3days after sending off my sgc app. they checked the safe had a quick chat, but the actual certificate took 13weeks. But they did apologise for the delay and said that they had a peak time of applications, but have been very friendly with my fac application offering me loads of advice.

North Yorkshire were great for me 4 weeks until the interview then 2 to come through the post not bad i think and my FEO was a top bloke really friendly and shoots at my local clay ground :yahoo:

Sent mine off 6 or 7 weeks ago, still haven't heard a thing!