bee hive under paving slab?

we have just found a bee hive under the pavement slab in our back yrad we seen the bees fly under it we lifted it up and its ful of bees we put the slab back down any clues what i can do to get rid of them. my dads friend is a pest control officer and he said they are now protedted by the law or somthing is that [bANNED TEXT] dont want to destroy it if im not allowed

we have just found a bee hive under the pavement slab in our back yrad we seen the bees fly under it we lifted it up and its ful of bees we put the slab back down any clues what i can do to get rid of them. my dads friend is a pest control officer and he said they are now protedted by the law or somthing is that [bANNED TEXT] dont want to destroy it if im not allowed

Your dads friend is talking out of his hole.

If the are feral honey bees, you might be lucky and find a beekeeper close to you who is willing to take them. If not you can either leave them bee ( ;) ) or get out a pest controller or im sure someone else will come up with another method.

Edited by GD Waz
I could be wrong here, but honeybees under the pavement with a nest into the soil ,very unlikely must be bumblebees although there are some species of soletairy bees who are living together :)

They are probably mining bees. If so, they are protected by law. They will abandon the nest at the end of summer. Once they leave it bung some concrete in. That way they won't come back next year! They are much less aggressive than honey bees so if you give them space to do their own fuzzy thing they will leave you to do your's.

Ric

they sound like burrowing bees. dont do whot i did and tip petrol down and light it. lifted all the slabs, set light to the fence but never touched the bees!!!!!!

do you think the bbc will give me a programme????

They are probably mining bees. If so, they are protected by law. They will abandon the nest at the end of summer. Once they leave it bung some concrete in. That way they won't come back next year! They are much less aggressive than honey bees so if you give them space to do their own fuzzy thing they will leave you to do your's.

Ric

or you bung it with concrete now so they defiantly don't come back next year

Ric

had pest conrroler out he said they are mining bees he said leave them alone and they go fater the sumer goes so you spot on they [bANNED TEXT] thanks

omg here we go

why kill them ? just for the sake of it bee are a very important thing wheather they are feral or not

they more or less control polonation

but then again there only rare lets just kill them

well it measn that my kids cannot play in the back year on they toys and my puppy cannot go for a wee coz they will get stung :wallbash:

omg here we go

why kill them ? just for the sake of it bee are a very important thing wheather they are feral or not

well it measn that my kids cannot play in the back year on they toys and my puppy cannot go for a wee coz they will get stung :wallbash:

I had one last year and it was no trouble, not be long now until the hive dies down. Once the hive dies off for summer all the queens bugger off and start new ones elsewhere. Had no trouble at all with my daughter playing out in garden. They even tolerated me poking about with a stick and camera for pictures and they didn't even react.

omg here we go

I had one last year and it was no trouble, not be long now until the hive dies down. Once the hive dies off for summer all the queens bugger off and start new ones elsewhere. Had no trouble at all with my daughter playing out in garden. They even tolerated me poking about with a stick and camera for pictures and they didn't even react.

Thank You!!! Bumble bees are very laid back. As you say, they will abandon the hive at the end of summer and if you leave them to mind their own business they will leave you to mind yours.