I'm looking for a shooting partner

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who put 50p in him?? Anyway you can’t spell c**t without u in it?

That was nearly 10yrs ago mate   I heard a rumour that he's sorted now

hi Zini thats a nice offer that buddy shame im down south but would like to add "AS HIGHLITED ABOVE" police shooting a fox with a rimfire, is that the preferred caliber for that type of vermin????

Look guys. The gun does the job perfectlyb well and humainly for close range fox.

There is far too many so called EXPERTS on this site that like to write what they think and not what is really true.

The game keepers a Police Officer and he has all the ness ticks in the right places on his licence to cover what he needs to shoot with his gun "fox etc".

Some of the land dictates that a large calibre gun would not be suitable so thats why he uses his rimfire.

When he sees foxes he squeeks them in to a close range and then shoots them humainly. Whats the point of shooting a fox at 120 metres when you can guarentee a kill at 50 or 60 metres with a head shot.

Not everyone on here that talks the talk can shoot 120 metres so a wounded fox would die a slow death.

Look guys. The gun does the job perfectlyb well and humainly for close range fox.

There is far too many so called EXPERTS on this site that like to write what they think and not what is really true.

The game keepers a Police Officer and he has all the ness ticks in the right places on his licence to cover what he needs to shoot with his gun "fox etc".

Some of the land dictates that a large calibre gun would not be suitable so thats why he uses his rimfire.

When he sees foxes he squeeks them in to a close range and then shoots them humainly. Whats the point of shooting a fox at 120 metres when you can guarentee a kill at 50 or 60 metres with a head shot.

Not everyone on here that talks the talk can shoot 120 metres so a wounded fox would die a slow death.

i tend to agree with si on this yes foxes are pests however you have to kill them humainly if you cant then you dont take the shot get as close as you can or even better get the fox to come as close to you a rimmi is more than capable to do the job

is the highlighted quote aimed at me"pardon the pun" if it is? i would not call myself an expert.but do know that its not the right caliber fo the job ,although it is capable @ close range.

check this out

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...howtopic=116174

as for talk the talk i have used rimfire's before and bigger, and have had V bulls @ 200yds @ bisley

my 3 point are

1 he is a A.R.U officer

2 .22lr

3 foxes

its not setting a good example for new F.A.C holders like my self soon!! to be

rant over!!

regards

davy

Ok Davy,

You have had your say and i have had mine. Everyone is entitled to a say. Freedom of speach and all that.

I hear your point friend, but I can only write what i know 100% from my experiences and not what others tell me from their friends, friends, friends experience, If you see where im coming from Davy. It happens a lot on here rest assured.

The earlier comment wasnt aimed at anyone in particular friend. If it was aimed at you i would of sent it to you. I dont do the dirty mate behind peoples backs. Not my style.

Best hunting. Lets let it drop now :tongue2:

Regards

Zini

A rimfire using sub sonic ammo is more than enough friend. Ask the many foxes that have been shot over the past couple of weeks on the permission. ;)

what he was saying there is a leagal point there using a rimfire on foxes , he was not questioning wether it would do the job

So is it illegal to shoot a fox with a rimmy?

Phantom

not if its specified on your license

you are very unlikely to get it with a .22 rimy on your license but the 17hmr is commonly given the tick for foxing and does a bloody good job. tbh i think a roe deer would go down with a good shot from a rimmy but its not legal

• 9 years later...

I don’t even know what to say about this ?

I dunno if darlo is being serious or not... the fact that he’s gone through that many pages or how he’s lived under a rock for the last decade. 

• Haha 2