The Working Border Terrier Club

New membership cards received today so we will be posting them out over the next couple of days...Thanks for your patience. The club website includes a forum which is for members only and includes a section on it called.... Terrier Talk for workers of non Borders. Unfortunately we will NOT tolerate the small minded behavior you see on some other sites which is always done by pretenders not true terrier men. To all those True terrier men thinking of joining the site..... Please feel free to have a look around it.

http://www.workingborderterrierclub.co.uk/

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New membership cards received today so we will be posting them out over the next couple of days...Thanks for your patience. The club website includes a forum which is for members only and includes a section on it called.... Terrier Talk for workers of non Borders. Unfortunately we will NOT tolerate the small minded behavior you see on some other sites which is always done by pretenders not true terrier men. To all those True terrier men thinking of joining the site..... Please feel free to have a look around it.

can i join this club as i have a border terrier which works very well im 20 in the army but hes a little cracker when i get out wid him just wish i cud get out more???

Your membership is pending.........................for over a week.

Can you PM me your full name and method of payment you used to join the club...All potential new members have to complete the questions section which has been added to verify they have joined...sorry for the confusion.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update on how things are going ....The club now has over 40 members so were off to a good start. There is from the conversations i have had and pics i have received definitely some genuine working borders out there. The club website is now fully functional [ just a reminder that the forum can only be accessed by members of the club]...There is a section in the forum for workers of non Borders so please think about supporting the club by becoming a member.

The club welcomes workers of registered and non registered Borders as long as they are True Workers.

well done johnny i think you have your hands full. never owned a boarder but the father in law has for years and he swears by them i prefere patts and russels but anyway fairplay and good lucky.i.s. mk3

• 8 months later...

At last I have some good news for you all...First I must apologise for not giving the club the time it needed over the last 6 months but due to the proud arrival of twins and spending a vast ammount of time on my new book(Digging The Dirt), it got put on the back burner...However things are starting to get back to normal, if there is such a thing. I hope to send out a news letter to those who are members in the next week or so...In that letter will be information on how the club now intends to move forward as well as being able to confirm that i have managed to secure a first class venue for the Working Border Terrier show. That venue is Hatton Country World near to the historic town of Warwick. They have their own website which you can have a look at. Its a great day out there for all the family without the bonus of a terrier and lurcher show. Its still in the early stages and a date will be made available to you as soon as i have it I hope your all as pleased as I am.

Regards,

Johnny.

I have tried for years to get hold of a well bred Border, from well used tested stuff, with BOTH Parents having done some REAL graft. It has been the 'Holy Grail' and still chasing. No point getting into names, just leads to denials and chinese whispers. I refuse to pay the rediculous prices people ask for Pups with Papers, so have asked for Pups without. The usual answer has been "why would I sell you a Pup half price, with no papers, when I can get full price easily enough". That has been the attitude of nearly all the breeders, or close to it. That is why the Border is in the shitter, as a true working Terrier. Just my opinion

If you have tried for years,you must really want one,if i really wanted something i would pay the price,this is the same problem that keeps cropping up,there has been a set price paid for borders for years,so why should the man who has worked even harder to keep a working line going sell his cheaper,than those who keep them as pets,surely he is entitled to the same money

Well said. I couldn't agree more. I'd be more than happy to pay that little bit extra for a border from good workin' bloodstock.

At last I have some good news for you all...First I must apologise for not giving the club the time it needed over the last 6 months but due to the proud arrival of twins and spending a vast ammount of time on my new book(Digging The Dirt), it got put on the back burner...However things are starting to get back to normal, if there is such a thing. I hope to send out a news letter to those who are members in the next week or so...In that letter will be information on how the club now intends to move forward as well as being able to confirm that i have managed to secure a first class venue for the Working Border Terrier show. That venue is Hatton Country World near to the historic town of Warwick. They have their own website which you can have a look at. Its a great day out there for all the family without the bonus of a terrier and lurcher show. Its still in the early stages and a date will be made available to you as soon as i have it I hope your all as pleased as I am.

Regards,

Johnny.

congrats on the twins and let us know when you have a date for the show :drinks:

I have tried for years to get hold of a well bred Border, from well used tested stuff, with BOTH Parents having done some REAL graft. It has been the 'Holy Grail' and still chasing. No point getting into names, just leads to denials and chinese whispers. I refuse to pay the rediculous prices people ask for Pups with Papers, so have asked for Pups without. The usual answer has been "why would I sell you a Pup half price, with no papers, when I can get full price easily enough". That has been the attitude of nearly all the breeders, or close to it. That is why the Border is in the shitter, as a true working Terrier. Just my opinion

If you have tried for years,you must really want one,if i really wanted something i would pay the price,this is the same problem that keeps cropping up,there has been a set price paid for borders for years,so why should the man who has worked even harder to keep a working line going sell his cheaper,than those who keep them as pets,surely he is entitled to the same money

Well said. I couldn't agree more. I'd be more than happy to pay that little bit extra for a border from good workin' bloodstock.

Why ? do they cost anymore to rear than pats, lakies, russells, if work was the main instrest I would of thought that working homes would be priority and money would not be an issue, If I had a litter of genuine working borders I would rather give them away to people who were going to get out and give them a fair crack of the whip surely that would be better for the breed :hmm::bye:

But then again I could with the money :whistling: