Ferretone?

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Is it worth it?

I've never even heard of it, mate. But; Unless it can do them loads more good that a diet of fresh, whole carcasses. Clean water. Dry, draught free beds and plenty of excercise in the fresh air and daylight? NO!

I'd never heard of it before until last week when I rehomed a biting hob to a guy who said he wanted it. I told him about it biting but he didn't mind as the jills he kept bit him anyway :laugh:

Anyway he got this ferretone out of his pocket and put it on his fingers, the usually aggressive hob turned into a kitten and was handled whilst it licked his fingers :good: Normally milk, spit and yoghurt has been ignored in favour of a piece of flesh washed down with a pint of blood :laugh:

Feed whole animals a ferret will get evrything it needs

Mine are fed dry food in the summer although this is supplemented with rabbit and pigeon :) The biting hob was a skinny tick ridden mess when I got it, 3 months of TLC and it repayed me with a good natured savaging every time its handled :tongue2: Glad this guy wanted it as its been handled every day for the past 12 months and still can't be trusted :ph34r:

Guest wickidweasel
hi mate, i think ferretone and ferretvite have recently been taken off the market.(IN THE UK)

They have merged/bought out by i think its was Tetra so supplies are low untill the changeover is complete :good:

Only time ive seen improvements from ferretone is when they are on constant dry feed.

Ferretvite is good for weight gain on sick ferrets both are good to mix in with crushed tablets or mixed with any meds or to occupy them for claw trimming or something.

I wouldnt say the stuffs great but its good for a treat and sometimes handy but doesnt compete against a decent raw diet

i recomend ferrtone, its good for nursing jills because its full of fatty acids and vitamins.

also i use it to put a knocker coller on, by letting he ferret lick the top of the lid. it stops them moving around because they cant resist it.

worth the money mate, if you use it wisly it can last up to two years and it doesnt go off.

sash

Guest Hawkman

Its the dogs b******s for handling nippy ferrets and good for when clipping nails ect.

Not a bad thing to have lying around really, although i don't use it regulary just as a treat they love the stuff.

ATB

Guest craftycarper

They love the stuff, i got a bottle from a rescue just recently for a fiver i think. Just squirt some on their stomach and they are so pre-occupied you can clip their nails or give them a good look over for ticks etc or do their ears, great if they are fiesty/nippy little bleeders. Went back to get some more the other week and was told that they have stopped importing or whatever to the uk :no:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest craftycarper

Just a further update on ferretone if [NO TEXT TALK] is interested, just been told today that another company has stepped in to import this stuff in from the states after the old one wound it up. I believe the companies name is Terra, the one that deals in fish/aquariums gear etc. My local rescue has put an order in so will keep you updated if and when it arrives and if the above details are correct...