Gyr/Prairie out

graham01

Got Max out of the moulting chamber today at 5pm,it was easier than i thought it would be ,netted,jessed back up and out in 10 minutes.He spent the next 10 minutes screaming and hanging upside down,but with my reveloutionary manning tecniques (i let him bite and foot me till he is as fed up as me)he was feeding on the fist by 8pm,his food ration had been reduced for two days prior.He is looking stunning now he has had a good moult and has all his own tail and primaries.

post-7315-1250454531.jpg

post-7315-1250454543_thumb.jpg

post-7315-1250454551.jpg

post-7315-1250454560.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for that Kev,what does your dad fly at.

hi graham, she is a crow falcon coming up to her fourth season, her hunting weight is 1lb 11oz he has flew pere/sakers and gyr/sakers which were good birds but he really likes these prairie hybreads he says ther full of p!!s and vinager and thats what he likes about them some people dont like them for that reason but he recons it brings a little bit more in to the field if you understand what i mean kev.

Cheers for that Kev,what does your dad fly at.

hi graham, she is a crow falcon coming up to her fourth season, her hunting weight is 1lb 11oz he has flew pere/sakers and gyr/sakers which were good birds but he really likes these prairie hybreads he says ther full of p!!s and vinager and thats what he likes about them some people dont like them for that reason but he recons it brings a little bit more in to the field if you understand what i mean kev.

I love em Kev and would like to try a Female g/p or p/p for crows aswell :notworthy:

Nice looking bird, very similar to mine how old is he mine is 9yrs old now. I will be taking mine out of the mew in a couple of weeks and getting him going on the hares again.

all the best Dirtwinger

on the hares, how big is he ? kev.

Nice looking bird, very similar to mine how old is he mine is 9yrs old now. I will be taking mine out of the mew in a couple of weeks and getting him going on the hares again.

all the best Dirtwinger

on the hares, how big is he ? kev.

He flies at 750grams not sure what that is in ounces I dont have a calculator to hand. Here is a pic of him in the field.

jan29cog2.jpg

all the best Dirtwinger

very nice mate he looks well settled with the dogs good luck for the season kev.

It took two seasons for him to get solid with the dogs he really didnt like them at all at first. Then i lost him for 2 1/2 years, this will be his third season since he was recovered.

I took him out of the mew yesterday afternoon to get him sized for a new hood at a mates house, he picked up good as gold despite being really fat. I put him back in the mew as he still has 2 primaries coming down but another two weeks and we will be getting started.

all the best Dirtwinger