Problem Sightening In

I have a Theoben Evolution .22 with the H.E. System and i am having problems sightening in my scope. i look on the internet for tips and i have tried everything but i still cant hit the target dead centre. the Scope i have is made by BSA. any tip and hints would be very welcome. thanks

Hello and welcome to the hunting life. If you are 100% sure that you are zeroing you rifle correctly and it still isn’t lining up you might want to consider buying some sportsmatch adjustable gun mounts that should sort out your problem. :thumbs: atb bedrock

Sorry to but in Bedrock buddy, but first thing's first yeah?

Willis, what are your groups like? are they tight or all over the shop?

If you are like a lot of newbies you probably havent even thought about this yet? My 1st mistake when I got my 1st rifle was to try and shoot the bull, it went one way so I altered the scope, fired the next shot, it went somewhere else, readjusted and so on and so forth.

Then I was shown how to do it properly! took me less than 30 shots to do it correctly so I was spot on from then on:)

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

No problem Phantom your not butting in its an open forum :D You right he should take it one step at a time and make sure that you are zeroing the gun properly first. I just assumed that he fully understood how to do this. Ill try and get up a step by step guide for you Wills. :good: atb bedrock

Hi guys,

You should find THIS will help you to zero a scope sucessfully? :whistling:

I did this way back - last year in fact, and most who have tried it and posted back seem to have had no problems afterwards? :thumbs:

Regards,

Grim.

Edited by Grim Reaper
Hey Grim, Welcome back.

You been on holl's or too busy bashing bunnies?

I forgot about that article you wrote :oops:

Phantom

I'm still around Phantom old pal - but like you say I have not had that much time on my hands of late ( work, life, and bunny blatting! ). :thumbs:

Thanks for the welcome anyways bud. ;)

Regards,

Grim.

Grim, would that work with springers? It's just that I've heard that the recoil on them makes using bipods useless so I haven't bought one, would be good to have some clarification on the matter :)

Othickman,

You have heard quite correctly, as it goes. :yes: BUT, that is not to say that my method (when slightly re-worked ;) ) would NOT work just as well for springers. :thumbs:

Providingyou can repeatedly hold the springer with more or less as simillar a grip as possible for each and every shot, the principle of the rest of my zero method remains un-altered. "Consistency of grip" is the secret with springers, after all - a 'loose', but none the less, 'firm' hold is the key here. :thumbs:

Essentially, at the end of the day, you will be putting the cross hair centre right on the P.O.I of the pellet - this is the object anyone can, and WILL achieve. :thumbs:

I have faith in you all. :)

Regards,

Grim.

Edited by Grim Reaper