dog keeps getting of from time to time

alryt every one i have a slite problem on my hands iv got a 18 months old pup an hes great hunts day/night iv had rabbit/hare with him but for some reason or another he keeps runing away into cover and the first time he was out with my dad a few months ago and he had to ring me to go down to the feild to get the dog bk an soon as i got there he came strait to me an then a few weeks after that he done it with my mum when she was walkin him but she eventually got him back now i took him out 2 weeks ago from now i got up at half 5 in the mornin ro see if we could get anythink and when we went to get over a fence he just ran :blink: it was a big gate like but he has jumped it befor so he was gone for ages a few hours untill i herd a big beep of a car so i ran down to the road an there he was i managed to trap him an get him bk... an really he is a good dog but he keeps havein these mad runs now iv just took him on a big walk then as we got by another gate hes just done the same and i wernt even telling him to get over so i had to ring me dad to cum over an shout him an soon as me dad came over he came runnin from a distance now it isnt even as thow i dont no mutch about dogs iv had lurchers an terriers since i was 6 but all the lurchers have been bitches and this is the first dog an really like most of your i would do anythink for your dog.. but i dont no weather this is true so dont blame me if its a load of shite but i have herd this a few times that when a dog lurcher is starting to go into a adult it starts getting strange smells but thay dont no what it is so they just go with out nowing what thay are doing and funny enuf the last time he got of on me an me dad an me mum it wasnt that far away from the dogs home and also just then he was by a farm any ways i think iv gone on to mutch now but you would berlive how stressing it is.. and also i would like to have your reviews and has this happend to you .... thanks new lurcher :icon_redface:

alright mate it sounds to me like he's got too many masters dad mom and you also you should stick to 1 or the other either lamping or day time bushin other wise he will think he's got to hunt up on the lamp had to stop my 10 year old boy from taking my dog out of a day time cause if he missed a rabbit on the lamp he f**ked about looking for another 1 atb mate and good luck hope this has helped ;)