I am looking to buy a new camera. I currently have a Canon EOS 50E and a Minolta Dimage z5. I love the pics from the canon, but obviously its not a digital, and I find I can't get good enough action shots with the Minolta as the shutter lag is so bad.

The first point is I have some decent lenses for my old canon- the basic one is 24-85mm, the zoom is an Ultrasonic EF 75-300mm and the macro is a Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 macro super- and I was hoping that these will be compatible with the new camera.

I have read that the lens that comes with the 350D is not good, and I hope that one of the ones I already have will be an improvement.

I have also read that the digi slrs have a different focal length from the old slrs, and I was wondering how this would affect the pictures if I use the old lenses.

I am trying to choose between the Canon 350D, the Nikon D50 and the Nikon D70.

Clearly the D50 is less good than the D70, but it is also significantly cheaper- is the D70 worth the price difference.

The main reason I want the new camera is for action shots, and the reviews of the D70 describe the shutter release as 'very fast' as opposed to 'fast' for the 350D. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Which would you go for? :o Thank you :good: