Fitness

Hi,

i Was wandering what sort of fitnes training people do when getting there dogs ready for the season.

I have done some work on the roads on a push bike and i ended up with the dog getting blisters on her feet, is that normal or was i doing something wrong?

how long would it normally take to get a dog fit and ready for a hard night out?

thanks for your help

alex

blisters on feet would suggest you have over done it woudnt ya think

i would have thought, but i only did a mile or so and the other dogs had no probs. What sort of distances and speeds would you do to start with and what would you work up to?

thanks

alex

you will find a lot of people on here mate will keep their dogs fit even through summer months and then just a bit of topping up befor season starts i would give em plenty road walking and lots of off lead running about,then start with a few miles on the bike and buld it up slowly atb

Hi

cheers for all your help,

you have said start off slow and build it up, but build it up to what and how long do you expect it to take?

i have taken on a bitch about 4 months ago who was very under weight and have not been doing much with her as i have been trying to get some wieght onto her. she is only 14 months old.

thanks again

3 miles roadwalking every morning at a good brisk pace then 1 hour of free running/hunting in the evening. Going to start the seasons lamping this weekend so several runs on the lamp 3 or 4 nites a week will soon have them peaking. As for diet mine get flesh of all variaties plus veg every now and again. I have never had a problem with this regime so i intend to stick with it. atb stabba.