• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi mate i been thinking about getting a beddy x whippet, got a pure whippet at the moment and she is doing well.

so what do you put where, beddy over whippet or whippet over a beddy..... and whats the diffrance..... is first cross better.......

sorry joe_lynas for adding more questions to your post but im very intrested.....

I suppose the things you add are coat, good feet, thicker skin, stamina and a good slice of terrier temperament. I've got a beedy/whippet here ready for his first season, and have been out with a few beforehand. I can't really comment on the differences between them & a pure whippet, because I haven't seen a working whippet working. I can say though, that the beddy whippets I have seen have been fast/smart enough to catch a rabbit on the lamp, and have had plenty of fire when they come across something larger. Witnessed before the ban, obviously. :thumbs:

Beddys have great noses when marking, ive had whippets and beddy whippets and there both great little workers, but my beddy had that bit more fire when working. Scenting abilities on some beddy xs have to be seen to be believed. :big_boss:

Edited by BLUCHER

you should use the beddie dog over the whippet bitch to keep size and shape mate.you will gain coat,heart,stamina,nose but lose a little bit of speed.for marking and finding you wont get a better cross and they have a heart of a lion you wont be dissapointed from a little dog day or night or ferreting.

JMHO i think the whippet is a lot easier dog to handel than the beddy/whipp and from wat i have seen i would much prefer a dog of this cross that was bred out of a non ped whippet rather than a kc bred one.But it is only my veiw based on wat ive seen.atvb dell

My lad is a first cross, from a whippet over beddie. At 19" tts he aint too big, but in the rough stuff there isn't much that will keep up with him. As previously mentioned, adding the beddie adds a litttle bit of terrier 'fire' and determination the mix. Extra coat is a benefit and I have yet to put a coat on him in the coldest of winter days, though snow balled feet can be a problem.

DSC00554.jpg

My lad is a first cross, from a whippet over beddie. At 19" tts he aint too big, but in the rough stuff there isn't much that will keep up with him. As previously mentioned, adding the beddie adds a litttle bit of terrier 'fire' and determination the mix. Extra coat is a benefit and I have yet to put a coat on him in the coldest of winter days, though snow balled feet can be a problem.

DSC00554.jpg

thats a smart looking dog you have there bud :thumbs:

blucher your right about the scenting ability i have a beddy grey cross grey whippet andhes shown the seasond spainels a thing a too. i use him when picking up and hes often stand to a mark when the spaniels have moved on. very good cross in my opinion.i think in fairness tho anrabbits its game anything else you need a bit tougher skin. some first cross beddy whippets ive seen have very thin skin still. again only what ive seen im sure others will defe.cheers

hi am thinking of geting one of these pocket rockets can some one show me some pic's of some plz

I've posted these on here before, but here's my lad:

HPIM1046-1.jpg

HPIM1052-2.jpg

HPIM1011-1.jpg

He's 21 1/2" & 12 months old. :thumbs: